Does the Hymer Al-Ko chassis stop at axle (1 Viewer)

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Ah right thanks Lenny....very useful. Yes difficult to assess when vehicle is not in this country. Looks like the 544 is a go’er though especially as it’s non Al-Ko and only £500 for air if I had to.....plus of course about 2K for the rack and fitting according to LNB....(seems a lot !, but then it looks a very good rack, fold up and everything and the extensions of course )

The 644 needs a bit more investigation I think. The deal says it’s payload “should be” 125KG but as I’ve learn it’s not about the payload of the rack....it’s the axle/overhang/GVW/what colour the van is and whether there is a letter “Y” in the month ?

What I really need is a B678....if you ever feel the urge to sell it to me for 24K let me know ?

Alex
I agree with Lenny HB that the 544 should be ok. Im not sure what the other one is but overhang is not conducive. A 644 would be ok because the scooter would go in the garage but oh wouldn't be happy with the transverse bed apparently.

OP
OP
Hymerbell

Hymerbell

Free Member
Apr 2, 2014
Winchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer 674
Exp
Since 2002 plus 20 years in a tent
Hi Jongood

The other one is a 644 but an odd one with a low big bed but then because of that a low garage not high enough for a scooter hence the enquiry about the rack....but yes it doesn’t look conducive to a scooter on the back as you say. It’s always a compromise isn’t it. Anyway thanks for everyones help....I’ve certainly learnt a bit about axle weights and overhangs.

Alex

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back