Does the base vehicle really matter? (1 Viewer)

escapecommittee

Free Member
Apr 16, 2016
Kent
Funster No
MH
Autotrail navajo
Exp
Beginner
we are contemplating buying a motor home. We have looked at many layouts, been to two shows and have narrowed the field down to a Chausson 610. It seems to have the right accommodation, storage and the drop down bed looks better than making up a bed every night. This model is offered with a Fiat base or a Ford base. I drive a Ford Kuga, and the Ford cab in the motor home is very close to the layout in the Kuga. But....it cannot be by chance that 80 % of motor homes are based on Fiat. My only experience of Fiats is hiring cars which appear tinny and not well put together. So can someone guide me as to what difference the base vehicle makes. Also are there other models that come close to the 610? Appreciate the benefits of someone's experience. Thanks.

jansellsbond

Free Member
Feb 24, 2016
Dawlish
Funster No
MH
Autosleepers Broadway FB
Exp
since 2004
Make yourself a tick list. Concentrate on what you would most like to live in: beds, shower, toilet, kitchen, payload, storage, dining layout etc.. find that first and then narrow any choices using the cab. You only sit there when you are coming or going... The rest you use for most of your time , when you get there.

Upvote 0

nekarsulm

Free Member
Apr 20, 2016
Cavan, Ireland
Funster No
MH
Autoroller -5.Fiat Ducato
Exp
ten years
Iveco make great diesel engines. And Fiat have really targeted the motorhome market, so personally I wouldn't look at anything else.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back