Does such a motorhome exist ? (1 Viewer)

Adbt

Banned
May 19, 2015
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 740 SE
Exp
2 berths
Parallel front loungers
British kitchen
Large fridge freezer
Physical partition between different habitation areas.
Easy access to foldaway dining table
Island bed
Rear washroom / shower
Garage not required

Length and weight not a factor

Cheers !

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2015
Sounds exactly what we are looking for so will watch with interest.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Adbt

Adbt

Banned
May 19, 2015
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 740 SE
Exp
British kitchen.
Separate oven and grill
Dual fuel four ring hob
Microwave
All the above at a usable height!
Plenty of usable worktop space / area
A kitchen where you could cook a meal not just warm up a ready meal

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
You can get pretty close from some of the British converters. The compromise might be to have a French bed instead of an island bed

Whether you would want a British built van or not is another question to consider. :whistle:

Feb 10, 2013
plymouth
Funster No
MH
Sprinter
Exp
off and on 30 years
British kitchen? Aga maybe a bit heavy :D

OP
OP
Adbt

Adbt

Banned
May 19, 2015
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 740 SE
Exp
You can get pretty close from some of the British converters. The compromise might be to have a French bed instead of an island bed

Whether you would want a British built van or not is another question to consider. :whistle:

British is fine by me ( nothing ruled in or out ) , was thinking coachbuilt or A Class tbh .
I know RS do bespoke but you would think that the likes of Bailey/ Autotrail / Hymer etc would offer a tailored service of some sort .

Feb 17, 2009
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
AS Broadway FB
Exp
Since 2006

Agree, I think the problem you have is the width of the van needed to have an island bed with access to a bathroom behind it.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
British is fine by me ( nothing ruled in or out ) , was thinking coachbuilt or A Class tbh .
I know RS do bespoke but you would think that the likes of Bailey/ Autotrail / Hymer etc would offer a tailored service of some sort .

Eldiss do a layout that's close to what you want, one of the Autoquests. I couldn't in good conscience ever suggest anyone buy one though, the build quality is appalling.

I doubt any of the major converters will do any major customisations to the basic layout.

We've never had any problems cooking proper meals in our Rapido. That has oven, grill and 3 ring gas hob. I suppose there isn't an excess of worktop but we manage easily enough. No electric appliances but they would be useless for us as we never have EHU. It has an island bed and has the bathroom between the bedroom and the living area. By closing two doors the bathroom becomes full width

Dogeared

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 16, 2013
Blackburn
Funster No
MH
Eldiss autoquest 155
Exp
Since 2011
That's what we fancied, ended up with Eldiss autoquest 155, it's not far of the spec used the curtain rail in centre to put up long loose curtain, gives us front lounge and privacy at rear of van

Euphony

Free Member
Nov 9, 2016
Perthshire
Funster No
MH
B Class
Exp
3 years of weekending with the odd month here and there.
My Bessacar E560 has everything except the island bed but has a fixed double at the rear, however, the parallel front loungers convert into a double bed and it's therefore a 4 berth. It does however have only 2 travelling seats.

Kingham

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 20, 2016
Kirkcudbright, D&G
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham 2017
Exp
Since 2009
Having owned a van with an island bed at the rear, it precluded having a rear washroom, but I'm sure there was one released with a transverse island bed, that slid towards the the 'headboard' wall during the day, giving more room walk past, to get to the rear washroom.

It's entirely possible that this configuration was in a caravan, or even that I dreamt it :LOL:

Euphony

Free Member
Nov 9, 2016
Perthshire
Funster No
MH
B Class
Exp
IMG_0631.JPG
....or the rear washroom ;):D
It has a rear washroom adjacent to the bed

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Sounds like an RV to me 12 metres and all the bits with extending sides, towbar for the fuel bowser trailer.

Euphony

Free Member
Nov 9, 2016
Perthshire
Funster No
MH
B Class
Exp
Ah, apologies, I presumed that if you had a room which was at the rear of the vehicle and it's sole use was for ablutions ( in the military sense in case we have the odd pedant or two) that it would then be termed "a rear washroom".
Hmm, who knew:whistle::whistle:

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Ah, apologies, I presumed if you had a room which was at the rear of the vehicle and it's sole use was for ablutions ( in the military sense in case we have the odd pedant or two) that it would then be termed "a rear washroom".
Hmm, who knew:whistle::whistle:

The selling point when talking about a rear washroom across the back is the extra space. That obviously can't be claimed when it's a normal small sized bathroom just slotted in wherever they could make it fit.

Kingham

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 20, 2016
Kirkcudbright, D&G
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham 2017
Exp
Since 2009
View attachment 166811
It has a rear washroom adjacent to the bed

That's not a rear washroom.

A rear washroom is one that extends across the full width of the vehicle at the back. (y)

Something like this:
View attachment 166814

When the OP stated he was looking for a rear washroom/shower, I considered that he meant the type in NickNic's post, which is what my last van had.

Euphony

Free Member
Nov 9, 2016
Perthshire
Funster No
MH
B Class
Exp
(y)Sadly NickNic, my life experience doesn't run to selling motorhomes so I was oblivious to this "obvious" point but thanks for the clarification.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back