Does size (width) matter? (3 Viewers)

Jul 27, 2013
Wilts/Oxon border
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since childhood!
The difference in footprint from a VW T5 LWB to a 5.4m Ducato is only a few cm. But the difference inside is massive. The only disadvantage as far as I can see is you can't fit under height barriers.
True. My T5 is a SWB though, so it's quite a big difference.

Jan 3, 2013
St.Neots Cambs
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I-414
Exp
2002-2006, 2013-current
Consider that a fixed bed will be very welcome in my opinion for a 6m trip. PVC's with a fixed bed do exist but are relatively rare. You could get tired of making the bed up. Many fixed bed motorhomes allow one to go to bed whilst another stays up. With PVC's probably possible but again relatively rare.
But none of this precludes a PVC doing the job , it will be arguably less comfortable but easier to drive and park.
Agree with this, we had a Hymer 655 Starline which we drove for 10’s of thousands of miles all over Europe, we even spent a month in Sicily and went through loads of small hilltop villages without any issue. We sold that in 2020 because we weren’t using it and thought we had done with travellin-wrong! Bought a 6mtr PVC because it would be easier for my mrs to drive-she wouldn’t drive the old Hymer because it was so big she though. Our 2nd trip in the PVC we decided to use the bed as a double which meant moving it around to make/unmake the bed-got fed up with that very quickly so pxd the van for a 6mtr Hymer ‘A’ class, fixed double and a double drop dow-job done.

John

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back