Does size and colour matter? (1 Viewer)

Feb 4, 2016
uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
10 years
I am still finding my way around this site and have noticed that a very very small minority of members choose to post "very loudly".
Is this just their choice or does it signify some sort of status?
I tend to find these posts more difficult to read and therefore often ignore them.
Is there a facility to block these posts?

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
If that is a serious question NO I don,t think you can block SHOUTY posts just the Shouty person by clicking their forum name and then using the ignore button, you then won't see their posts when they stop SHOUTING though.

Martin

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Maybe some funsters need to see larger text or find non-black text easier to read?

Just a thought.

Another thought - most web browsing these days is done on portable devices with smaller screens. Worth thinking about if you only have 'old school' size 10 text on your website. All my eBay listings have size 14 body text and my website switches to a large text version if it detects a small screen in use.

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
It doesn’t bother me at all. Blocking such posts would mean missing a lot of great information, chat and humour.

The important thing is the message content, not how it appears on the Forum. I would consider blocking someone who is persistently rude or aggressive, but not someone who uses colour or capitals or who doesn’t use apostrophes etc. in the right place.

Each person has an individual personality and/or style.

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
Some people’s eyesight are poor, so larger text helps.

Some post in blue font as it assists those with a SPLD.

If all someone’s got to worry about in this crazy world is large text, then I’d love their life!!!

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
HO,HO,HO, REMBER A FUNSTER IS JUST NOT FOR CHISTMAS BUT FOR LIFE ray xx lol still lol I LOVE YOU @Popeye :xshout::xshout::xshout::xshout::xshout::xshout::xshout:MERRY CHISTMAS AND YOU JACKIEXXXXXXX

REMBER A FUNSTER IS JUST NOT FOR CHISTMAS BUT FOR LIFE

That's what we told your Julia, we thought it might cheer her up but she just burst into tears...:wink:

Have a real good-un Ray and Julia and Christmas wishes to your tribe too, see you next year.

Jackie & Griff

Duck Truck

Free Member
Feb 27, 2015
UP North
Funster No
MH
Hobby 725
Exp
since 2012
OH !!!!!
and we found the thread title very misleading.
Sue got quite excited.

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
OH !!!!!
and we found the thread title very misleading.
Sue got quite excited.

Funnily enough that was my first thought :)

I haven’t got an issue with large text it’s the capitals I’m not overly keen on :)

John65

Free Member
Aug 7, 2016
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2000
Just asked Mrs. J and apparently size matters but not bothered about colour.:xdoh::xdoh::xdoh:

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
In the later stages of my teaching career I introduced a policy in my subject of printing 20% of all worksheets on pale blue paper instead of white to reduce the contrast. I said to my pupils if they genuinely found it easier to read the pale blue sheets they should take one, otherwise take the white. Very few pale blue sheets were left each lesson. Makes you think doesn't it?

There's a free font out there on the web called Open Dyslexic which gives the text a heavier bottom weight - some find it easier to read. Worth knowing.

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
They are all banging on a bit, most of 'em are deaf :hi5:

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
As part of a thesis I had to do some years ago I had to read a book called “On the Psychology of Military incompetence “ and compare its lessons to my workplace.

About the only thing I remember is the statement that “someone who feels the need to correct someone else’s writing, with markings in red pen, probably suffered from too strict potty training when a child”.

I took the p1ss out of several colleagues for a long time after that.

Aug 19, 2014
Cliftonville
Funster No
MH
A Class Burstner
Exp
Since 2014
No matter what size with or without CAPS lock, I struggle to tyyyppe and speeellll....

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
About the only thing I remember is the statement that “someone who feels the need to correct someone else’s writing, with markings in red pen, probably suffered from too strict potty training when a child”.
Ooooh I'd love to mention that to the Colonel the next time his red pen comes:)

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.
I'm not shouting & find the very description typical internetwebthingy twaddle.:confused::mad::mad:
Please feel free to pop me onto your ignore list for misbehaving......Of course I say this in jest, the title of the forum says it all MOTORHOMEFUN.
..:xrofl:
Lets carry on having fun folks.
Oh @Mrsambulancekidd says that size does matter, I've got no idea what she means??

May 3, 2016
Ayrshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki
You can ignore the thread or.......no I won't go there ,block the poster :xgrin:
Could you repeat that in big letters for the old f*rts like what I is........:xwink:

wELL WHAT HAPPENS WHEN THE CAPS LOCK JAMS, DOES THAT MEAN i'M SHOUTING.

I use the caps key sometime to make a standout point. DOES'NT IT.
YES IT DOES:xshout:..............please turn it down you hooligan....:xrofl:

I learned from MrA that size does matter, you can develop a really high pitched voice if it goes wrong.......I could not put what I was thinking...........:xsurprised:........he has broad shoulders, wash your mind out with soap, oh ok you got me...........:xdoh:

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back