Does home education need regulating? (1 Viewer)

gillr49

Free Member
Aug 8, 2007
Holbeach Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Having worked in education most of my working life, knowing what I know now I would definitely educate at home and am trying to persuade my son to educate my grandchild at home. The standard of care and teaching in some schools is very poor (note 'some' not all).
The only proviso I would make is that the child/children have a varied social life as all my three are still in contact with friends they made at school, but apart from that I think it is a very good idea.
As for hiding abuse, while in a school I reported two cases of abuse on infant age children to the authorities and each time the mighty social services said they knew about it and it was under control!!!!!:Angry::Angry:
Dont start me on them:Angry::Angry:

Tony Santara

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Cheshire (ex Mancunian)
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 1994
Speaking from personal experience, I have to say it doesn't work for everyone.
I think that parents wishing to educate children at home should have to pass some kind of test themselves to ensure they have the time and the capability to teach their kids to a reasonable standard.
In my daughters case of trying to teach her child at home she failed abismally as she did not have the time due to working or the dedication to ensure her child was studying , her child is now back in the education system again having lost precious time.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

gillr49

Free Member
Aug 8, 2007
Holbeach Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Point taken
I was assuming that the commitment and time side of things were worked out.
I can only say that I have worked with some very poor teachers along with some very good ones and some children do need one to one attention to show their full potential.
Sorry it didnt work out for your family but I am sure your grandchild will do well in life.
:Smile::Smile:

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Back in 1981 we started a 6 month trip around Europe before going to live in America. To
cut a long story short, we didn't go to the States and the trip ended up being 6 years. Our children were 4 and 5 when we left, they had both been in school and our son could read perfectly at that age, which was probably due to the time we spent teaching him prior to going to school.

We joined an organisation called 'Education Otherwise' which I believe are still in existence today. We were not given any guidance on what to teach them. We just bought work books for them to use, mainly maths and english subjects.

We spent from 9-12 p.m. with them 5 days a week where possible teaching them. Sometimes it was difficult for them as other familes were travelling and their children were out playing whilst ours were studying. But we were firm.

At ages 10 & 11 we decided to come back to the UK to let them finish their education as they started asking questions that we were not experienced enough to answer. To be honest it was scary, as we did not know if they were progressing as well as they should have as we did not have any comparisons. When registering the children in their respective schools we were asked for their books. We were extremely happy when we were told that 'if that is home teaching they were all for it'.

Our children both finished their education in main stream schools and coped very well. They have grown into well balanced adults and we believe that the life we led was an education in itself and can see that it certainly has benefited our two.

Please do not think that home educating is easy, it's not, you have to have the patience of a saint and be strick.

Nigel and Pamala

Oct 24, 2007
Funster No
The Government don't know how many home educated kids there are ( which really makes them unhappy :Sad: ) so they have told everyone that it could lead to abuse and they have to do something about it.

They have used the media manipulation so widely used by COMMON PURPOSE to
change public opinion. It was Oscar Wilde who said that the people will believe whatever the media wants it to.

They already have announced the ludicrous child under 18 data base and will not be happy until they introduce compulsory micro chipping.

Home educated kids have time to THINK. The powers that be don't like that !

Common Purpose | Common Purpose

Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 24, 2007
Funster No
Hopefully the " secret " of Common Purpose is begining to be told

BBC NEWS | UK | A secret society?

What it doesn't mention is the age at which the " chosen " few are chosen

My mates 14 year old has been " selected " and has been attending week long

seminars in nice country houses for three years and has been recieving mentoring

by a barrister for the same length of time.

Common Purpose is a Charity. In my opinion a Fraudulent Political Charity

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back