Does anyone recognize this? (1 Viewer)

Dec 16, 2020
Funster No
MH
sundance 500
Exp
since around 2009
Hello all,
I've only been posting for half an hour but I'm someone...anyone...can help me out.
I bought our motorhome only a few weeks ago...
Saying it has issues is an understatement, however I'm trying to address the problems before springtime and looking forward to some happy trotting.
The van had some sheet stuck to the back panel with silicone.....without being able to see underneath at the time of buying the van I didn't realise how bad the damage was.
Anyway...to cut a long story short..I pulled the plastic sheet off and the aluminium trim that held it on. I'm now finding it really difficult to source some replacement aluminium profile to match the existing.
Apparently Swift used it on many caravans and motorhomes prior to 2000.
I've been in touch with Swift at Hull and given them the vehicle details but they say all their records are removed from their system periodically....unfortunately my 1999 van falls into that period...therefore they can't tell me what the van was fitted/kitted out with.
My question is ...can anyone tell me exactly what I'm looking for (a name perhaps?)
IMG_0960.JPG

The trim I'm trying to find fits all the way around the top and side of the van both side where the roof and side panels meet. It has two small rubbers either side of it and a (herzim) strip in the middle to cover the screw heads that hold it to the van.
It's about 25mm wide without the rubber edges fitted.
I'm hoping someone might recognize it and know where I'd get some....I'm sure it will be a second hand item now.
I don't need the curved parts ...just a straight length.
IMG_0959.JPG
I've tried loads of caravan breakers and the usual buying and selling websites but no joy.
Here's hoping someone can help.
Thanks
Moo.

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
Another couple to look at.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
M
Dec 16, 2020
Funster No
MH
sundance 500
Exp
since around 2009
Hello Paul and Yvette.
I did look at that site but the trim doesn't match what I need....it need to match the existing trim. Ive tried magnum and Ive seen the ebay item.
They are a very close match except how the thin rubber seals are held to the trim
This is what I needIMG_0937.JPG

Upvote 0
Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Try O'learys at Dunswell They tend to buy all swift's old stock they are very helpful.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
M
Dec 16, 2020
Funster No
MH
sundance 500
Exp
since around 2009
Hello scotzsue,,,
Thanks..
I've been in touch with O'Learys and yes they are extremely helpful....but they didn't have the item unfortunately.

Upvote 0
Aug 15, 2014
Exiled in Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote 600L
Exp
Since 2006
Can't really help except to suggest that instead of trying to match whatever you have remaining you remove the whole length and replace it all, assuming it is just on one side, the back of the van.
Good luck and w2f

Upvote 0

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I am with TUCANO

If you cannot find the EXACT match, go for something totally different.. In boss speak make it a feature :)

A close match but not right is awful,,, something different will contrast and look fine

And remember no one, but NO one, has the an 8 ft wide head.. so they can only see one side at a time
Our Miller had totally different grafix on each side.. We never noticed it till after it was sold some three years on
It was only that we happened to be studying some old photos that it came to light !

Upvote 0
Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
Just a suggestion but have you tried some coach companies/ museums that do their own repairs. The trim looks similar to what was fixed to older coaches?

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back