Does anyone own a 40/50 year old motorhome, in beige with a brown stripe? 😎 (1 Viewer)

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Message received:

Hi, I have a slightly unusual request, and I hope it is okay to contact you like that. I am currently working for a TV series called Temple and we are heavily researching a motorhome for a set. We are after a specific type, and I was wondering if you could help me in finding such a van in the greater London area. I can send you reference pictures of what we are after. Ideally we would like an older model in beige, relatively big, with brown stripes late 70's, 80's. It will not need to drive on camera, only being parked in the set for one day. We do not need to see the inside. We are situated at Mortlake. We could organise someone to pick it up the day before and bring it back, or if the owner is interested or prefers, he/she can directly drive the van to the location on the day. We do not have a date set yet, it will be after mid November. We will of course pay a hire and driver fee for the trouble. If you do know a person owning such a van that could be interested, or if you do have a mailing list of your members, could you pass this request on? Do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions, Very best wishes, Eleonore

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Maybe the breaking bad one will suffice, that even drives, bonus 😁
Screenshot_20201009-163906_Opera.jpg

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I reckon it has to be 80's rather than 70's and will look a bit like this
1602257978235.png

I had one of those on a Talbot, we nicknamed it the slug. You still see a few of these old ATs at shows.

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
It's big, brown and has stripes, not old enough but ......................................................
P1020072 (160 x 120).jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
I think an old hymer would fit the bill, must be a few on here. (y)

grumps147

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
St.Helens
Funster No
MH
Between
Exp
MH 12 yrs -Tent/Caravan 49 years
Didn’t Jimmy Saville have one like that Being asked for by the production company?

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
I take it that the Production Company will pay the LEZ Charge for taking it into the Zone.

Bonkers the Dog

Free Member
Nov 9, 2018
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
2 yrs
That's more to do with Taxying, deliveries and such like.

Anyway, what the eye does not see the heart will not grieve over....

I'd certainly let somebody pay me several hundred beer vouchers to photograph my stationary van and wouldn't give a Flying F for what the insurance company thought, not that I would be telling them!

M-J

Free Member
Jan 15, 2019
Secret Underground Chimp Bunker
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E562
Exp
Enough
That's more to do with Taxying, deliveries and such like.

Anyway, what the eye does not see the heart will not grieve over....

I'd certainly let somebody pay me several hundred beer vouchers to photograph my stationary van and wouldn't give a Flying F for what the insurance company thought, not that I would be telling them!

Let’s say you write your van off and the insurance company find out you’ve used the van for hire or reward during the period of the policy not forgetting that the proof is actually on a tv programme and refuse to pay out, is that worth the few hundred quid?

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Snowbird. Any suggestions for Jim?

Nothing in stock that ancient thankfully. To give some idea of prices to charge per day as a prop, a good few years ago I was paid ÂŁ250 per day plus delivery and recovery charges for an older RV to be used on set by the stars to lounge and have there hair done.

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
Let’s say you write your van off and the insurance company find out you’ve used the van for hire or reward during the period of the policy not forgetting that the proof is actually on a tv programme and refuse to pay out, is that worth the few hundred quid?
Shouldn’t be an issue, the production company will put the van on their cover

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back