Does anyone know the manufacturer of the Morelo Palace door & touch screen lock? (1 Viewer)

Mar 15, 2017
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B ML T-780
Exp
Since 2017
I found out yesterday whilst chatting with Michael that our Palace door should have remote controls with it. We were never given any so I just wanted to check if they are an optional extra or a standard item with the touch control door lock.

I would email Morelo but they're all on holiday now until September 3rd so I'm convinced I'll get a faster answer here. :)

OP
OP
OurMoreloLife
Mar 15, 2017
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B ML T-780
Exp
Since 2017
Many thanks, Michael, you're a better source of info than the manufacturer! :LOL:

It isn't clear in these docs that the remote opening of the door is a standard feature though. I have emailed Gluck to find out.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 21, 2007
Kings Ripton, Huntingdon
Funster No
MH
RP Rebellion 2 2024
Exp
Since 2007
Peter. I found this under standard equip for palace & palace liner... "Top Class" entrance door with window, extra large, electric with code lock and remote control, flyscreen and mechanical emergency unlocking"

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Many thanks, Michael, you're a better source of info than the manufacturer! :LOL:

It isn't clear in these docs that the remote opening of the door is a standard feature though. I have emailed Gluck to find out.
Peter, if you look on page 4 of the Rhine document you will find the confirmation you seek.

OP
OP
OurMoreloLife
Mar 15, 2017
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B ML T-780
Exp
Since 2017
Thanks, I did that and see that this is a 2018 document and v2. I'll dig out my manual I received with the Palace to see if there's a v1 leaflet in there and suspect that it won't mention the remote function. Watch this space....

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Thanks, I did that and see that this is a 2018 document and v2. I'll dig out my manual I received with the Palace to see if there's a v1 leaflet in there and suspect that it won't mention the remote function. Watch this space....
You should have one as it contains the master codes for your door lock in the event of a failure needing resetting as well as serial numbers for manufacturer reference. Also needed to set up your own code. Watching......

OP
OP
OurMoreloLife
Mar 15, 2017
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B ML T-780
Exp
Since 2017
I found out this is only available on the 2019/20 models so no remote opening for us. I suppose it's good as I'd probably loose it anyway

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Peter. I found this under standard equip for palace & palace liner... "Top Class" entrance door with window, extra large, electric with code lock and remote control, flyscreen and mechanical emergency unlocking"

I like the mechanical unlocking bit, someone I spoke to yesterday has to have a complete new Concorde door because the keypad entry is faulty, it's bloody crazy
Bring back a lock and a key please.

OP
OP
OurMoreloLife
Mar 15, 2017
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B ML T-780
Exp
Since 2017
Hi Paul, sounds like a rip-off if you ask me. Mine was faulty from new and I convinced Morelo to send me a new circuit board which I replaced myself (having stripped the whole door down on the drive at home).

It didn't actaully need a new circuit board at all (Morelo were happy to send over a whole new door and frame assembly but I wasn't happy with all the mastic work that would have been required. What it really needed was the guy in the factory making the multi-pin connector powering the board to have pushed the live wire in fully (the fault was intermittant)! I did that when I found the wire not fully pushed in and the door has worked fine ever since.

Sep 21, 2007
Kings Ripton, Huntingdon
Funster No
MH
RP Rebellion 2 2024
Exp
Since 2007
I like the mechanical unlocking bit, someone I spoke to yesterday has to have a complete new Concorde door because the keypad entry is faulty, it's bloody crazy
Bring back a lock and a key please.

Well now you've put it like that Paul, I fully agree. To much tech that can go wrong on vans now days.(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back