Does anyone else think their motorhoming in France has finished. (1 Viewer)

Sapper520

Free Member
Jan 22, 2020
North Somerset
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
September 2020
Nothing was checked when we arrived in France, otherthan our passports.

This is a public health issue, so although there will always be those thar abuse it, I’d say in general it’s a good thing. (y)

HectorsHoose

Free Member
May 10, 2021
Perth, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
Since 2016
We have been in France & Spain for the last month & have only met one other British motorhomer. That in itself is not unusual for us as we use Aires & free parking & generally avoid touristy areas. But, what was unusual (& it was the same last September) is that the Eurotunnel motorhome parking was empty except for us. There are large numbers of Spanish motorhomes about here in Spain & French in France but virtually no Germans touring & we do see lots of them when in France normally. It really was not difficult at all coming across & I can’t understand peoples reluctance especially if double vaccinated. Zero tests on the way out, zero before boarding on return & just one day two test now. AHC are £98 from Folkestone vets & we now have a French pet passport, so basically it’s no harder than it was before. We never toured for longer than 10 weeks previously, we just have to now juggle our spring & autumn trips to fit with the 90 day rule, bit of a pest but all doable. Everywhere we’ve been the locals are delighted to see us so I really would encourage people to just do it! Oh & to add to that the French & Spanish are all wearing masks without exception, so really safe. I felt much more anxious in the UK where hardly anyone is bothering.

May 23, 2013
Not on the Coast East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B504
Exp
Since 2013
. But, what was unusual (& it was the same last September) is that the Eurotunnel motorhome parking was empty except for us. There
Maybe the high costs of the Eurotunnel is also putting people off. Just took the car across to Belgium for 5 days and it was £291 roundtrip to probably closer to £350 for a Motorhome and that was off-peak.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
Just don’t come it’s terrible on Isle de Re !
4564EFBD-785A-4BE9-A67F-02EBD92C7067.jpeg

Apr 2, 2017
Maidstone, UK
Funster No
MH
Laika Kreos 5009
Exp
Since 2010
We have been in France & Spain for the last month & have only met one other British motorhomer. That in itself is not unusual for us as we use Aires & free parking & generally avoid touristy areas. But, what was unusual (& it was the same last September) is that the Eurotunnel motorhome parking was empty except for us. There are large numbers of Spanish motorhomes about here in Spain & French in France but virtually no Germans touring & we do see lots of them when in France normally. It really was not difficult at all coming across & I can’t understand peoples reluctance especially if double vaccinated. Zero tests on the way out, zero before boarding on return & just one day two test now. AHC are £98 from Folkestone vets & we now have a French pet passport, so basically it’s no harder than it was before. We never toured for longer than 10 weeks previously, we just have to now juggle our spring & autumn trips to fit with the 90 day rule, bit of a pest but all doable. Everywhere we’ve been the locals are delighted to see us so I really would encourage people to just do it! Oh & to add to that the French & Spanish are all wearing masks without exception, so really safe. I felt much more anxious in the UK where hardly anyone is bothering.
You should come to Croatia or should I call it an annex of Germany/Austria absolutely packed with them

Sapper520

Free Member
Jan 22, 2020
North Somerset
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
September 2020
Loads and loads of French, Germans, Dutch and Swiss here. Spoke to a very nice couple on the site in Millau, Brits, but otherthan that only see about half a dozen UK registered vehicles on the road.

Again, a few UK registered vehicles on this campsite, but the rest Germans, French, Dutch, Swiss…..not even seen any Spanish and we’re near the border.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back