Does anybody else get this? (2 Viewers)

May 14, 2014
Funster No
MH
Now a little one
I get the same pop up message on Fun and two non motorhome related forums with very similar base forum software architecture when using mobile data. This happens on both my Huawei mifi and Android Moto G 5g plus mobile running Android 11. Mobile provider for both devices is Vodafone.

The issue appears to be mobile signal strength related and if I swap the Vodafone Sims to my other halfs EE Sim the issue disappears.

Must admit that the Vodafone signal strength is somewhat disappointing. We are currently coming to the end of a 6 week tour around the UK and have found many areas from the Scottish Borders down to Devon where the Vodafone mobile signal is very poor.

Looks like a new mobile provider will be on the cards for me when the Vodafone contract ends early next year.

Jan 16, 2017
Hillingdon
Funster No
MH
Vantage Med
Exp
Since 2017
I don’t think it is related download speed. I’m on Virgin cable with 194 Mpps as I type and I Just had to reload again.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
This,

View attachment 550771

Happens quite a lot but seems to be just on Fun, I have cleared cookies etc but still the same Jim said that he was tweaking something last week for what sounded like a similar issue but it didn't help me, if I reload it will come back OK if it happens when I am posting it goes back to an earlier saved version of the post when it eventually posts.
Yes, regularly. Reload and it is ok. Only MHF

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
All OK here: iPad @ iPadOS 15.1 / iPhone @ iOS 15.02 / home built Windows 10 intel i7

But I do get a different page loading error I think is cause by a stale cookie.
If I click on “alerts” I get a “not logged” in type error. I can clear that easily by clicking on “what’s new” 🤔🤷‍♂️
This
1635095811062.png

is what I get if I click on where there's a notification of an update to a thread I am watching.
Cured quickly by clicking on "What's New". Doing that remakes a cookie, I assume. It does 'refresh' the page as the pop-up suggests I try :think:

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Since starting this thread yesterday I went over to Chrome browser and had no problems, today back on Safari and agin all seems OK, is anybody else back to normal service?

May 25, 2021
Scotland
Funster No
MH
RP Rebel on order
Exp
Seems perfect for me. I generally use my Pixel 5, running Firefox through Express vpn. No issues at all.

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
All the time on my Apple Mac . Phone no problem . Tried everything to fix with no joy . If anyone can advise then please do !

May 25, 2021
Scotland
Funster No
MH
RP Rebel on order
Exp
All the time on my Apple Mac . Phone no problem . Tried everything to fix with no joy . If anyone can advise then please do !
If you use Safari, try something else.

May 25, 2021
Scotland
Funster No
MH
RP Rebel on order
Exp
I have from Safari but should I actually download another browser rather than just access from the net ?
I didn't understand your answer, but really any browser is better than Safari. Try Firefox.

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
I didn't understand your answer, but really any browser is better than Safari. Try Firefox.
I guess as a dinosaur I didn’t explain properly so I’ll try again lol

Using safari I accessed Bing so my question is should I have actually downloaded say Bing from the net rather than access via Safari

Not awful sure if that is clearer lol

May 25, 2021
Scotland
Funster No
MH
RP Rebel on order
Exp

Using safari I accessed Bing so my question is should I have actually downloaded say Bing from the net rather than access via Safari

Bing is a (terrible) search page. Its not a web browser. I thought we were talking about changing browsers & i had suggested Firefox.

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012

Just download another browser and give it a try, you will then have two as it won’t replace the one you have. I had no problem with Chrome but now Safari seems fine as well.

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
Browsers
Smart Devices: Browser wars keep the development ongoing.
Safari was pretty basic many years ago, so I used to jailbreak my old iPhone 3G and 4G to get a multi-tab browser.
But Safari caught up so I can use the built in Apple browser.
It's kept up with the feature creep so I don't have to stress about loading other browsers that may do things differently.

PCs: My personal Desktop Browser is Edge (y)
The corporate Laptop is Chrome. With Edge available for our our support team's MS Sharepoint site. @ And I used to 'need' FireFox with a custom proxy setup for Elemental Cloud but that's a dead product.

Search engines
I used to use meta-search tools that pulled in results from several search engines.
Now I find Bing works fine. 🤷‍♂️
I get quick results for queries raised here or in my none-MHF life :roflmto:

TL;DR people worry too much about browser & search tools. imo ;)

KISS :) :LOL: = If the OS has a built in app, go with that.

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Just picked this thread on search and it’s a pain for me too for some time using safari on I pad and it also hiccuped on I phone today so will try another browser.
I started a thread a few months ago where photos on fun would not load and I guess it’s the same problem.

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Just loaded chrome , seems quick enough just annoying how much info it needs creating an account and email etc.:rolleyes:

Jan 16, 2017
Hillingdon
Funster No
MH
Vantage Med
Exp
Since 2017
Yep. Still the same problem, only on this website with Safari and an iPad, Jim can you investigate and sort it out?

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Yep. Still the same problem, only on this website with Safari and an iPad, Jim can you investigate and sort it out?
I just switched to Chrome and the problem appears to have gone, I’m on iPad . Photos and posts now snap in promptly.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back