Does any one fancy being a warden? (1 Viewer)

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Hi anyone fancy being a warden on a campsite? We are looking for a couple that fancy running Cornish Farm Touring Park for a few months www.cornishfarm.com

It is more a lifestyle than a job, but for the right people it is great fun, and a great way to constantly meet new people.

If any one is interested drop Lyn a message with a few details lyn@vanbitz.com

Eddie

normanandsue

Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
Hi,
I saw no flashing advert and your site looks great and we would love to do the job but unfortunately can't until 2013 when I retire, then Sue and I would love to have the chance.

Think of us then and we will try to be of help.

I am sure you will have success through the Funsters - campers are like people who use pubs and think because they can drink in one they know how to run one.
I am sure we are the same - just because we can camp we think we can run a camp site. Nice to discover what the real thing is like.

Norman and Sue

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Just seen this what a wonderful opportunity for someone, just what we would have loved to do if we were a few years younger.

darklord

Free Member
Apr 28, 2011
essex
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
three years
We are considering this seriously as a future plan. I think the C&CC run courses, but in any case, some training would help us when making applications. Some time ago, we did consider a franchise, but found that they "could" be a little risky, si will go the other route, we will obviously keep people informed:Smile:

Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
you should be over whelmed by people wanting to do this kind of work
we would love to do it if things would allow it but other commitments prevent it at this time
good luck to whom ever gets the job:thumb:

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
3 things stopped me from applying.

The First one was that you wanted a couple. If you met my ex you would have known that I do enough work for 20 compared to her. You require a couple therefore the rest is totally irrelevant but here goes anyway :winky:

The second was you didn't mention the start date, the conditions or the remuneration. Some of us like to know when you want us, what you are going to give us with respect to a pitch, leccy etc. We also need to know how much you are going to pay us...

The third thing was, what do you want us to do? I am quite ok with emptying thetfords. Hosing down after dogs. Cutting hedges and grass for 10 hours a day. The big query would be, would you require us to be on reception and talk to customers. That would be a killer to be fair....:Doh::ROFLMAO:

Well I think that has saved me a job interview :ROFLMAO:

artona

Free Member
Jul 31, 2007
Funster No
MH
self build
Exp
40 yrs and still not got a release date
LOL love your post Karl..........:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

"The big query would be, would you require us to be on reception and talk to customers."

I think the applicant might be expected to :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
eddie

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
3 things stopped me from applying.

The First one was that you wanted a couple. If you met my ex you would have known that I do enough work for 20 compared to her. You require a couple therefore the rest is totally irrelevant but here goes anyway :winky:

The second was you didn't mention the start date, the conditions or the remuneration. Some of us like to know when you want us, what you are going to give us with respect to a pitch, leccy etc. We also need to know how much you are going to pay us...

The third thing was, what do you want us to do? I am quite ok with emptying thetfords. Hosing down after dogs. Cutting hedges and grass for 10 hours a day. The big query would be, would you require us to be on reception and talk to customers. That would be a killer to be fair....:Doh::ROFLMAO:

Well I think that has saved me a job interview :ROFLMAO:

Well the answer to every question is "That depends on who applies, and what they have been doing"

On a small, but excellent site like Cornish Farm Touring Park it is more a lifestyle than a full time job. There are a few daily chores but other than that the rest is not really time controlled. If you get up with the idea to cut the grass, and end up chewing the cud with Mr and Mrs Smith of pitch 29 all morning (such a nice couple) nothing is stopping you.

It's sleepy down in Sumerzet you know! :thumb:

Eddie

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back