Docks @ Santander. Can we stay? (1 Viewer)

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Greetings,

A question re the possibility of sleeping overnight on the dock at Santander.

I know it can be done at Bilbao (as I’ve done it) but I wondered about Spain’s other north coast port.

janner

Free Member
Mar 4, 2010
MENDIP Hills
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
3 Years
santander

sorry I cant help you but on the same lines if you are sailing from Plymouth to Santander how do you keep food frozen in your Freezer as its a 24 hour crossing & I assume you are not allowed to use Gas I only ask as had intended to sail this route latter in the year SORRY FOR STEALING YOUR THREAD
Ian(Janner) New 2 day:Smile:

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Janner,

The simple answer to your question is that there isn't any way to keep your frozen stuff frozen when on board.
Unless your'e partial to Aunt Bessy's Yorkshire pudding or some such UK only bought goods I would wait until you arrive in Spain and hit the Eroski (other Supermarkets are available!!!) and stock up then.

Now back to that Santander question. Is there anybody there????

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Only made the trip once and I would say not, extreamly congested areas inside and outside the port and only a 1/4 of the size it needs to be:Doh:
unless somone kows a "secret" location nearby

cpease

Free Member
Mar 16, 2008
Morley,Leeds up North
Funster No
MH
Ford Transit stealth van
Exp
since June 2006
sorry I cant help you but on the same lines if you are sailing from Plymouth to Santander how do you keep food frozen in your Freezer as its a 24 hour crossing & I assume you are not allowed to use Gas I only ask as had intended to sail this route latter in the year SORRY FOR STEALING YOUR THREAD
Ian(Janner) New 2 day:Smile:
we travelled this route 3 years ago & had EHU hookup on the vehicle deck ( reverse polarity)

Dec 4, 2007
worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Winnebago
Exp
20 years
Greetings,

A question re the possibility of sleeping overnight on the dock at Santander.

I know it can be done at Bilbao (as I’ve done it) but I wondered about Spain’s other north coast port.

I know people have been broken into there so if you stay dont leave your motorhome
Paul

Jan 26, 2010
Conwy, North Wales
Funster No
MH
Relay self build
Exp
Since 2007
We came through Santander last Monday night on the 7pm sailing. The ticket booth is before the parking area so I guess that you cannot park overnight beforehand - might be worth asking Brittany Ferries for confirmation though. They did let us leave the van parked up, locked and unattended once we had given our booking reference and boarding cards were issued. We then went into Santander town for a while. We had to be back by 5pm at the latest when the boarding was scheduled to begin. No need for any extra bedding as the cabins were warm and had ample bedding & towels etc. Don't rely on the "Duty Free" shop as the prices are not that competitive (in our opinion) and there isn't the sort of choice you get on the Calais crossing. Hope that helps.:thumb:

Dec 4, 2007
worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Winnebago
Exp
20 years
Was the crossing rough, l fly home from Malaga last Saturday lunch time and it looked like lots of flooding in north west Spain

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
We sailed home from Santander in October but weren't allowed on the docks until the morning of sailing:thumb:

Jan 26, 2010
Conwy, North Wales
Funster No
MH
Relay self build
Exp
Since 2007
Just found the info that they give at Santander:

"Early check in and parking facility at Santander - Passengers wishing to check in early can do so from 09h30 and leave their vehicle in the port car park at no cost but should return to their vehicles 2 hours before departure"

We stayed the night before at the aire in Aguilar de Campoo which is about 1.5 hours from Santander. Its the sort of place you'd probably give a miss when viewed from the motorway but turned out to be an interesting and very historical place with an ancient town square and a castle on top of a very steep mountain top. The river was swollen but the rest of the area was not too bad although lots of the fields in the area had a lot of water on them.

The crossing was initially a bit up and down (wife not happy but we were able to get some rest) - the rest of the crossing during the following day was fine with little movement. Entertainment on board in the afternoon included a quiz and a couple of cabaret style spots from singers.:thumb:

holy1hobby

Free Member
Jan 28, 2008
Torbay
Funster No
MH
Swift Sundance
Exp
10 years
Parking at Santander Terminal
Parking is only permitted for dropping off and picking up. Passengers wishing to park for longer must use one of the paying car parks nearby.

All information was accurate as of 6th January 2010

Quote from website.

Having seen cars broken into whilst we were in the ferry queue:Eeek: there is no way I would want to park overnight.

John

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back