Do Yourself A Favour - It'll Be The Best 8 Quid You Spend. (1 Viewer)

Gandhi

Free Member
Sep 9, 2014
Near Glossop
Funster No
MH
bessacar E496
Exp
5 years
Of all the expensive 'toys' and gadgets I've bought over the years this one is far and away the most useful and ironically the cheapest.

Placed ours at just above head height on the inside right wall near the hab door. It comes on the second we open the door coming in late. It's also a God send when you just walk in or out of the kitchen for stuff during the night without having to mess around with turning lights on and off.

Surprisingly bright as well.

Broken Link Removed
pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&var=&hash=item2a3f491241

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I did a posting about some similar ones not long ago, we got some for our static caravan for night-time loo visits as the hall light switch is near the external door rather than the main bedroom door, we also got some for our PVC for the loo and above the sliding door too for the same reason.

Broken Link Removed

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
They look useful, you can get the 8 LED version from Amazon for £4.98 with free p&p

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
On the advice of Richard ( The Scotties ) we invested in something similar with our first van.. That light has followed us as we have changed vans over the years.. It is not over the door but in the toilet though.

I was going to invest in one for the entry door too but the Autotrail has an internal door light that comes on for a couple of minutes when the doors are unlocked so not needed in our present MH..

A very worthwhile buy though (y)

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Got the last 5 in stock of similar from local Lidl a couple of years ago for £1.99 each!:)

Oct 20, 2014
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 680 SL
Exp
Since 2014
Aldi paid me 90p to buy theirs............:whistle:

I've found those little battery lanterns very useful, leaving one by the bed for any night time trips.

Mountain Warehouse sell a small torch which has quite a strong beam when pressed once, press twice and it flashes, and it can stand on its end to be used as a tiny lantern - full cost is about £7 but it came half price when you bought something else as well.

Last edited:

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
I bought 2 similar ones a few months ago for £5 each. Might have been in lidls though cant remember.

Vlad The Impaler

Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012 but longer in my dreams
A great bit of kit if your getting on a bit and need to get up in the night ,however if you sleep soundly it's just another gadget that you don't need.
My dog would be setting it off all the time and the wife would be thinking someone's coming to get her! ......If only. :whistle2:

Vlad

Last edited:

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
A great bit of kit if your getting on a bit and need to get up in the night ,however if you sleep soundly it's just another gadget that you don't need.
My dog would be setting it off all the time and the wife would be thinking someone's coming to get her! ......If only. :whistle2:
Vlad
Vlad

1. You'll be old one day you barsteward!:D
2. I know a man who's cousin's son has a mate in Sicily who does 'The Lady Vanishes' jobs, and at a very reasonable price, allegedly :sneaky:
3. £100 and a Guinness gets the intro. (y)

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Got two long ones Lidl's a more the or two back £5 each one above hab door angled down ideal for the loo in the night .....
So it gets a lot of work :LOL:

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
Got two long ones Lidl's a more the or two back £5 each one above hab door angled down ideal for the loo in the night .....
So it gets a lot of work :LOL:

You pee out of the hab door???

Litle wonder Motorhomers get bad press! :rofl:

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I think the dog would be always setting it off, one in the loo is OK but I always close the door before putting the light on so as not to disturb SWMBO. Even a little light can be quite dazzling if you're on a quiet, unlit place.

O

Old Soldier

Deleted User
Also find them useful, one in MH loo and one fitted over habitation door. Also got them at home, again one in loo and one by the kettle in the kitchen. Saves turning on the main lights. Batteries last for ages. Lidl and Aldi come up with them regularly.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back