Do you use a Dreambox Sat Receiver? (1 Viewer)

X

Xoxoc

Deleted User
If so, are you using it with a Sky card?

I'm thinking of getting one for the motorhome but need more info :Smile:

Lampie

Free Member
Nov 2, 2007
Derby
Funster No
MH
C Class RV
Exp
I thought of getting one but have heard mixed reviews. Zasker had one I think and said it was a pain and offered to sell it me. If you only want sky bring the box from home that is all I do if we go for a trip longer than a weekend. On short trips I have a second sky box with a free sat card in it thats in the van all the time.

Be interesting to see what others say.

Lampie

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Sky boxes are bulky but suit us fine:Blush:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
The universe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I have one and get on ok with it. They can be a bit of a pain sometimes but apart from that they are fine.

M

mnd

Deleted User
Hi Bryan, we have a dreambox in the motorhome, and simply take the Sky viewing card from home with us when we go away, not had any problems with it, once you get used to the menus, providers, satellites, bouquets it all becomes quite easy:thumb:

Dave

RichardnGill

Free Member
Sep 22, 2007
Durham
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
If you just want Sky and you want a small box one these is possably your best bet.

Link Removed

But the Dreambox and the Eagle Linux box are good as well, these will give you other options especcialy if you want sport and movies.

But dont forget the new freesat - Home is out and this will bring out some more new boxs very soon including free HD.

Richard...

Richard...

OP
OP
X

Xoxoc

Deleted User
Thanks for the replies everyone.

I want one so that I can operate the same as Dave (MND)

I have sky at home and I'm about to have sky+ installed foc. Taking the box with me will be a pain and I don't want to take the card to another sky box as it would need pairing to it and pairing back to the home box after we get home. That would be a pain and I'm sure sky would end up objecting.

No, I need a box like a dreambox so that I can just take the card to and from.

I understand they may be less intuitive but I fancy giving one a go.

The trouble is, which system (never heard of eagle :Eeek:) don't know hoe to get them to work as sky boxes etc.

I will almost certainly use it JUST for sky so the best for that would be, erm...Best :winky:

I'm okay with networking and the likes, could manage linux commands if need be.

Someone on another forum mentiond a dragon cam...I've also heard of Emu's...

It's all a bit daft isn't it.

Any advice?

RichardnGill

Free Member
Sep 22, 2007
Durham
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Brian a Dreambox and a Eagle Linux are basically the same but ones cheaper than the other.

You will only need a Dreambox if you have SKY movies and/or Sports. The rest of Sky stuff will work ok without paring on any box that will take a card and you can pick normall Sky boxs up very cheap.

Richard...

M

mnd

Deleted User
Yep Richards right ,.. we have the full movie/sports package therefore the d/box comes into it's own, simply insert card and start viewing!

p.s Remembering to take said viewing card out of D/box slot and take it back home after the trip away is a different matter:Doh:

I've lost count of the number of times Mandy has had to go back to the storage site for it:whistle:
Dave

RichardnGill

Free Member
Sep 22, 2007
Durham
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I've lost count of the number of times Mandy has had to go back to the storage site for it
Dave

I am pleased we are the only ones, but we also leave Block Busta DVD's in the van as well:cry:

Richard...

OP
OP
X

Xoxoc

Deleted User
Thanks guys, I already have a spare digibox, but correct me if I'm wrong...

If I take my card from my box at home (£21 package, 6 mixes no sports or movies) and put into different digibox in motorhome, won't I have to get sky to pair it to the different digibox to have the same channels as I do at home (all 6 mixes)?

adventure

Free Member
Oct 16, 2007
somerset
Funster No
Exp
25 years
No it should all work ok, you only need the card in the correct box to recieve sports and movies

Pammy

Funster
Aug 3, 2007
Mansfield
Funster No
MH
AUTOTRAIL CHEYENNE
Exp
3 years
Bryan, we have sometimes taken our card from our box at home and used it in the van.

Sometimes it has come up with a message like 'this is not the correct card for this box' but it still works. Talk to Geo about it.

And I would agree, the biggest problem is remembering to take it with you and then taking it out again when you get home. :ROFLMAO:

Pammy

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Geo also has a Dream Box if you want to play with one:RollEyes:
GeO