Free Member
Sep 26, 2018
new forest
Funster No
MH
Sold it!
Exp
I'm a newbie
My daughter and son in law are selling their narrow boat which they've lived in for years and moving into a large twin axel caravan on a permanent site. Their cats were no problem on the boat, they came and went at will through a cat flap in the cabin door but fitting a cat flap in the side of a new van was not really on. So they came up with a simple solution, the wet looker door was replaced with a made up panel that housed a cat flap. Likewise the interior of the wet looker was replaced with a new section of ply that allowed entry. Obviously because the cat flap is 50cm off the ground the cat is not going to get up speed and jump head first through it even if you shook a bag of goodies so a suitable ramped platform is needed but I thought the idea could be applied to MHs as well and worth a punt for you guys with cats or small dogs. I'm sure there will be the usual follow up to this thread with some alternative ingenious ideas.

Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
My daughter and son in law are selling their narrow boat which they've lived in for years and moving into a large twin axel caravan on a permanent site. Their cats were no problem on the boat, they came and went at will through a cat flap in the cabin door but fitting a cat flap in the side of a new van was not really on. So they came up with a simple solution, the wet looker door was replaced with a made up panel that housed a cat flap. Likewise the interior of the wet looker was replaced with a new section of ply that allowed entry. Obviously because the cat flap is 50cm off the ground the cat is not going to get up speed and jump head first through it even if you shook a bag of goodies so a suitable ramped platform is needed but I thought the idea could be applied to MHs as well and worth a punt for you guys with cats or small dogs. I'm sure there will be the usual follow up to this thread with some alternative ingenious ideas.
Just remember to lock it on the move!

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
this guy had a decent idea

1625587186818.png