Do You Think Anyone Would Be Interested In... (1 Viewer)

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Morning JJ
that is good timing--------------it has just started raining ------first here for months--------we can't work in the ran--we dumped our rain gear:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Still got an umbrella for Pamala though:Eeek::Eeek:
We will put the kettle on
Nigel & Pamala

Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
50 vans :Eeek::Eeek::Eeek:

I was thinking of more like 5...:ROFLMAO:

I don't picture a load of Funsters driving along the road in a convoy (like processionary caterpillars... !!!)

I had more in mind people doing their own thing and meeting up at pre-determined locations rather like the Funsters are doing at Marjal... the difference being they all return to the same place each night while we wouldn't be...

Still loads to think about and discuss though...

Now I have to go and check all is well with the Sundowners at QMJ and take Nigel some tools (axe, chain saw, fork, spade and rake) as I know he wants to slave away on improvements while he is there...:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :winky:

JJ :Cool:

So let me get this staight, if I wanted to visit you in qmj, I will have to bring you loads of supplies like; tinned beans, coffee, steak stuff in tins whatchamacallit, then not only that but you give me loads of tools to get on with clearing your patch, while you bugger off and play on your laptop:thumb::Doh:

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
So let me get this staight, if I wanted to visit you in qmj, I will have to bring you loads of supplies like; tinned beans, coffee, steak stuff in tins whatchamacallit, then not only that but you give me loads of tools to get on with clearing your patch, while you bugger off and play on your laptop:thumb::Doh:

I think you got it all :roflmto: Mind you I don't know what your size is , but small people ...looking like ....frogs.... are immediatly sent either down the well (so called ...) to go on digging... or on the Hymer's roof to clean!

So before you go and visit , put some weight on so you have a chance not to turn into a slave:RollEyes::RollEyes:

Now I better:getmecoat: before The Master Of QMJ reads this:whistle:

I am going to be called all sorts (well "frog" won't be new :roflmto:)

:sorry2:eek:pp5 don't be angry Prince:loveyou::lips:

Your Princess:lipstick::Blush:::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

darklord

Free Member
Apr 28, 2011
essex
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
three years
Sounds a lot of fun, breadcrumbing" places onto your satnav would be good too, we will have to see what we can do, the missus really wants to see the chicken run.

Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
Hi Yodeli
I should be ok on that front as although I'm small I'm also 16stone fat so no good down the well and I'll probly fall through the roof::bigsmile: anyway sounds like it might be cheaper to bring flowers:winky::Cool:

Malcolm Bolt

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2011
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
old A class
Exp
since 2011
Would this sort of thing interest any of you?

Yes definitely. :thumb::thumb::thumb: We are thinking of going south through Portugal this September and would love to meet up a few times if it fitted in.

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
sounds a bit like

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXuukHaqbKQ[/ame]

normanandsue

Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
JJ.
That sounds just the ticket, though for us not this year unless it is in October, but next year we would love to do it. So keep us in touch.

Norman

bazP

Free Member
Aug 8, 2011
Stockport
Funster No
MH
Hymer 534
Exp
I am a newbie
Sounds like a plan! I shall be in North France/ Belgium etc in June, if that fits with anyone, let me know

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I have being doing some serious thinking and chatting to others about this hazy idea of a rolling, off-site "tour" of Portugal and have some ideas to put "out there" for further clarification and discussion.

Maybe the starting point would be to explain the purpose of such a project from my point of view.

At the moment I have two major purposes in mind at this point...

1) I adore Portugal, its people, its history and its countryside. I would like others to discover what this country has to offer (and I am not talking just about the southern strip, the Algarve.) I would like more people to visit more of Portugal.

2) I know several touring Funsters who have travelled extensively but never actually stayed anywhere "off-site" and have not experienced the joy (and sometimes frustration) of doing so. I would like more people to at least try "off-site" motorhoming.

3) I would like touring Funsters to have the chance to meet each other should they choose to.

So, with these things as a starting point I would now like to point out what I do NOT have in mind.

I am not able to offer a "guided" tour of Portugal where everything is organised and planned.

I do not want to head a column of motorhomes in line driving from one place to another.

What I have got in in mind is a group of interested Funsters, all travelling independently, having a list of suggested parking locations (with details) in a loose "route" through/around the country and members of this group informing each other where they hope to be on this date or that one... for example "I will be lakeside at Pego this Saturday (there is water and cassette emptying here with a nice motorhome friendly restaurant with wi-fi and lake swimming)" which will give other members the chance to join them there should they wish to.

I believe Funsters would soon join other like minded Funsters and go off to this place or that place and maybe "reform" in a larger gang later in the week or month in this location or that one...

If you want to go off to somewhere on your own or with one or two others you do so... if you have booked onto a site for a week somewhere, so be it, but if in getting there you go near a off-site "location" maybe you would take a break in your journey as drop in if you knew this Funster or that Funster was going to be there at the time.

No doubt many other ideas about what would work (and what wouldn't) will develop over time...

What do you think?

Attachments

• sao domingos 5.jpg
    sao domingos 5.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 11
  • hymer in shade 2.jpg
    hymer in shade 2.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

Destination Unknown

Free Member
Oct 30, 2010
Anywhere and everywhere
Funster No
MH
American A Class
Exp
Not Long Enough...!!
Brilliant

Hi JJ

Great idea.:thumb::thumb: We would certainly be up for any help and suggestions as to where to 'off site' stay in Portugal or Spain come to that so add us to your list of 'interested parties'

Look forward to hearing more.............

Regards Brian and Chris

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back