Do you take notice of campsite reviews? (1 Viewer)

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
I always take a medium view of reviews. Ignore the once raving about the place and those slagging it off.
Reviews are really helpful and if there are areas of concern at least we are forewarned.

Online reviews, not just for campsites, fall into two main categories. Those who have an axe to grind, and those who were extremely happy. Those who are miffed about something tend to be the more vocal. The average person probably isn't motivated to do any review at all.

I do read reviews, to try and get some idea of whether something is suitable. You have to learn to read between the lines, and look for a theme or pattern forming amongst any positives and negatives. I'm usually looking for any foibles with the physical site that would ruin my enjoyment, whereas regular complaints about staff being miserable can often be interpreted that they run a tight ship and don't take kindly to those who might run amok shattering the peace.
Yes to both above. They are an aid to making a decision and often the read between the lines gives a huge amount of useful background

Feb 19, 2017
Leighton Buzzard
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Ten years
Online reviews, not just for campsites, fall into two main categories. Those who have an axe to grind, and those who were extremely happy. Those who are miffed about something tend to be the more vocal. The average person probably isn't motivated to do any review at all.

I do read reviews, to try and get some idea of whether something is suitable. You have to learn to read between the lines, and look for a theme or pattern forming amongst any positives and negatives. I'm usually looking for any foibles with the physical site that would ruin my enjoyment, whereas regular complaints about staff being miserable can often be interpreted that they run a tight ship and don't take kindly to those who might run amok shattering the peace.
I would suggest there is a third category worth considering as our company mail box receives spam from companies that offer a personalised review service. The last one said words to the effect, tell us what you make or what service you provide and how you want reviews to read !!!
Fortunately we don’t need this service but I bet there are plenty that do.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back