Do you sleep better in your moho? (1 Viewer)

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
I have seen many posters mention that they sleep better in their motorhomes than at home .... we certainly do :sleep: although we go to bed around the usual time always sleep in an hour or so extra

I'm not sure why this is .... could it be down to alcohol intake:wine:, blackout blinds, comfortable beds ... we have all these at home as well as our motorhome, so why?

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
We always sleep better in the motorhome.

We often sleep soundly but we once slept at the usually very peaceful PV - (so I suspect we were not gassed) - for well over twelve hours.

Never do that at home. (y)

But the red wine does flow a bit easier when we are travelling :D

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Kingham

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 20, 2016
Kirkcudbright, D&G
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham 2017
Exp
Since 2009
I sleep much better in the motorhome, which I've always put down to being away from the stresses of work for a little while.

Obviously for those of you lucky enough to be retired, the factors already mentioned will be more likely :)

OP
OP
icantremember

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
I sleep much better in the motorhome, which I've always put down to being away from the stresses of work for a little while.

Obviously for those of you lucky enough to be retired, the factors already mentioned will be more likely :)
You have my sympathy @Wargenwolf but I'm happy to say I have long forgotten what work was years ago.:D

D

DL42846

Deleted User
Much better in the MH, Probably due to we only have the dog with us at the bottom of the bed, at home we also have the cat which ends up in a bundle at the bottom of the bed.
_DSC8642.jpg
_DSC8729.jpg

May 8, 2016
silver coast, portugal
Funster No
MH
C Class: Low profile
Exp
Boatie for 20 years
Strange, I sleep better in the M/H, despite the smaller bed

Anthea is probably right. Little or no internet, never once watched live TV in it, fresh air, walks, usually a good drink or two, surrounded by fewer phones, association with more relaxed times, etc

Oh, and I know where the snacks are hidden

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
We sleep longer because we do a lot on holiday and usually turn in knackered. I wouldn't say I sleep better because we use the Luton, and I'm in the cramped bit near the front. It's not as comfortable as our bed at home.

MH mk II will most definitely not have a Luton.

OP
OP
icantremember

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
As a matter of interest @Wargenwolf I see you are in County Durham which we visited for the first time this year mainly to see the Kynren show in Bishop Auckland ... thoroughly enjoyed the area and the show.(y)

Norfolk Red

Free Member
Nov 18, 2016
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Chieftan
Exp
2 Years
Absolutely yes, probably to do with being away, no customers asking when I'm going to fit their kitchen etc etc, copious amounts of the falling down liquid, and just relaxing all adds up to bliss and a good nights kip.

Teuchter

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Nov 4, 2014
Lee on the Solent
Funster No
MH
Hymer Mercedes MLI 580
Exp
I have been caravanning for 32 years but in 2014 I have"gone over to the dark side"
Much better! Fresh air , more walking , cycling and not much internet to muddle the brain before bed!! Less to worry about except where the next bread/ pub/ coffee shop may be!!

Spot on - just add the odd glass of wine and you've got it in one!! :)

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I always slept better in the Motorhome. I put it down to a combination of fresh air and the fact I always park up in the quietest places possible.
My last 5 houses from memory where all in busy areas and very noisy.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back