Do you really need a shower in the MH every day? (1 Viewer)

nomadtim

Free Member
Feb 24, 2015
Iwade
Funster No
MH
Mercedes 1017a
Exp
Around the world in a land rover Defender,UK to Aqaba Bmw r100gs, Uk to Turkey Bmw 650 gs Daker.
Just taken out the boiler from the truck as you are never far from a shower, Campsites etc prefer to pay 50p to use someone else's shower than ours as it saves on water, gas, plus it leaves more water for Tea/Coffie.Allways wash in the morning

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
I might be a tad OCD but couldn't leave the house ( or motorhome ) without a shower and hair wash.
No chemicals in my soaps or shampoos as I make them myself and saponification and curing makes them Ph neutral.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 8, 2014
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Compactline 143
Exp
I'm a newbie and always will be. You never know it all.
I think there a great idea. I'm buying a set as a Joke stocking filler for my daughter.
Broken Link Removed

I know quite a few men who would qualify me buying the pink one for Christmas.:whistle:

OP
OP
Barclaybasher
Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
You'll have us in a tin tub by the fire next ;)

AC_tin_bath.jpg

Peter Sansom

Free Member
May 22, 2015
peebles
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 610
Exp
A relative newbie...ex caravanner
no need for all that palaver Jim

a couple of baby wipes is so much easier.. and uses no water (so I have read) :confused:
Yup, we've 'discovered' baby wipes too. Forget the tin tub in front of the fire

Peter Sansom

Free Member
May 22, 2015
peebles
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 610
Exp
Whilst serving in Northern Ireland, we only had the opportunity to shower once every five weeks. The consensus was that, (in South Armagh), lives were saved because we smelt like sheep. The pong of fresh soap and clean bodies travels a long way with the breeze. :(
On saying that, nothing more refreshing then a nice shower at the start, or end even, of a warm day. But, as TB rightly says, washing the body's natural oils away too often is a mistake. (y)
When I was in the RN (many moons ago) we used to call your lot 'Pongoes", as in wherever the Army goes the pong goes. Having said that I had to visit a GP once and she told me that I had dry skin and how often did I shower. When I told her she said three times a week was enough. Hmm!

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
When I was in the RN (many moons ago) we used to call your lot 'Pongoes", as in wherever the Army goes the pong goes. Having said that I had to visit a GP once and she told me that I had dry skin and how often did I shower. When I told her she said three times a week was enough. Hmm!
Funny, we used to call you lot 'barrel boys'. That's because a 'shower' of other sailors always found your bung-hole........:rofl::rofl:

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
I'm not sure if I should share this but here goes. We do shower regularly but decided to take two flannels in the van for the occasions when the water is low and we can't risk a shower. I bought two nice ones but realised too late that it was a mistake to get them the same colour as one was for face and the other one was for the 'other end'. The occasion finally came when we were running low on water and wanted a good wash (or a 'personal wash' as Ruth Jones so eloquently called it in Gavin and Stacey). Shirl pointed out that we wouldn't know which was which so I painstakingly embroidered the letter F on one of them. Fast forward several months to the next time water was a bit low and out came the aforesaid flannels. That's when we couldn't remember whether F stood for Face of Fanny. :doh:
Would it make a difference? ?(y);)

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
Well for us weather we are at home or in the Motorhome the day wouldn't be complete without a shower ,all this talk about not showering for 2 or 3 days no thanks not for us.200 ltrs freshwater tank on the Motorhome---sorted(y):cool:
Brian & Jo

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp

Funny, we used to call you lot 'barrel boys'. That's because a 'shower' of other sailors always found your bung-hole........:rofl::rofl:

Ah, those were the days!

They certainly were, vicar. (y)

Brother was 24 years Navy. Me I'm 29 years army and going strong :)

I used to say join the Army, feel a man....join the Navy, feel a new man every day :)

OP
OP
Barclaybasher
Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011

One for the ladies...........from Facebook

This Is Why She Will Never Be Able To Look Her Gynecologist In The Eye Ever Again
gyno.jpg

I was due for an appointment with the gynecologist later in the week.Early one morning, I received a call from the doctor’s office to tell me that I had been rescheduled for that morning at 9:30 am. I had only just packed everyone off to work and school, and it was already around 8:45am.

The trip to his office took about 35 minutes, so I didn’t have any time to spare. As most women do, I like to take a little extra effort over hygiene when making such visits, but this time I wasn’t going to be able to make the full effort.

So, I rushed upstairs, threw off my pajamas, wet the washcloth that was sitting next to the sink, and gave myself a quick wash in that area to make sure I was at least presentable. I threw the washcloth in the clothes basket, donned some clothes, hopped in the car and raced to my appointment.

I was in the waiting room for only a few minutes when I was called in. Knowing the procedure, as I’m sure you do, I hopped up on the table, looked over at the other side of the room and pretended that I was in Paris or some other place a million miles away.

I was a little surprised when the doctor said, “My, we have made an extra effort this morning, haven’t we?” I didn’t respond.

After the appointment, I heaved a sigh of relief and went home. The rest of the day was normal .. Some shopping, cleaning, cooking. After school when my 6 year old daughter was playing, she called out from the bathroom, “Mommy, where’s my washcloth?”

I told her to get another one from the cupboard.

She replied, “No, I need the one that was here by the sink, it had all my glitter and sparkles saved inside it.”

Never going back to that doctor again……….. never.

:)

One lady that should have showered instead of a flannel wash(y)

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2014
Harleston, Harleston, Norfolk, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class, Autotrail Scout
Exp
Oct, 2013
I remember when I joined the RN, I had up to then just taken the weekly bath, they quickly taught me to reverse the procedure and to bathe/shower 6 days a week and on the 7th just a flannel wash, to let the skin recover(?).

I also remember on board a diesel/electric submarine, playing wargames, where the whole crew went 8 weeks without washing, let alone showering. When we surfaced to fully recharge the batteries, we were allowed into the conning tower in groups to have a cigarette, on re-entering the 'Boat' the smell was so bad that everyone of us vomited into the bucket that had been placed at the bottom of the ladder.
throwing-up.gif

This as you can imagine this really improved the 'atmosphere'.

Last edited:

Peter Sansom

Free Member
May 22, 2015
peebles
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 610
Exp
I remember when I joined the RN, I had up to then just taken the weekly bath, they quickly taught me to reverse the procedure and to bathe/shower 6 days a week and on the 7th just a flannel wash, to let the skin recover(?).

I also remember on board a diesel/electric submarine, playing wargames, where the whole crew went 8 weeks without washing, let alone showering. When we surfaced to fully recharge the batteries, we were allowed into the conning tower in groups to have a cigarette, on re-entering the 'Boat' the smell was so bad that everyone of us vomited into the bucket that had been placed at the bottom of the ladder.
throwing-up.gif

This as you can imagine this really improved the 'atmosphere'.
The inventors of 'the submariners dhoby'...lots of foo foo, usually Johnson & Johnsons talc. Occasionally did it on minesweepers. No excuse in a MH now though, although the baby wipes can do a half decent job!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back