Do you post reviews or make recommendations? (1 Viewer)

Jenowen

Free Member
Aug 2, 2014
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
2 years
We’ve recently enjoyed some tremendous campsites on the Costa Brava which were recommended by a lovely couple we were chatting to on another campsite. (If anyone knows Paul and Elaine from the West Country please pass on our thanks!)
I have also recommended, in conversation, a few places to others. Most recently, the person who was given the recommendation said it was the ‘best camp site’ they’d ever visited. Have to admit to feeling a little glow of pride and some relief!! But what if it had all gone wrong?
I also check as many reviews as I can before visiting a new place, although I will apply some common sense to what I read.
Do you a) recommend and review and b) rely on others views?

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Not campsites as we don't use them, but aires/parkings we certainly check the details and have received recommendations and given them too. Can't beat a bit of 'user' knowledge.

Sep 12, 2016
Chesterfield England Tellus 3
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
6 years
Recommendations - No

Reviews and scoring yes try to be fairly straight and factual

Though there are two campsites I enjoy being at which I know some other like one but are not keen on the other

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
I often write a review of a site or Aire etc used and always look at the ratings. If it gets a low score from only a 1 or 2, I will often check it out, but if it gets a low score from 10 + reviews, I probably would look in to it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back