Do you own a newish Carthago Malibou A class or coach built ? (1 Viewer)

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Not sure, I know it's a pioneer, multiplay with a screen that comes out of the unit... I'm hoping to change from a single DIN to a double din, Ill have a look at the model later.
I don't know about the different Pioneers but most appear to have high standby currents so worth rewiring to the leisure battery with a switch inline

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 19, 2016
Llyn Peninsula
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globebus t7
Exp
Four years
Yes without doubt also put a switch in line with the main power feed as they draw quite a few amps in standby.
Thanks Lenny, wish we could have joined you at the rally but we were house and animal sitting for our daughter x

Jan 28, 2016
Stockport, Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bravaria i740 AClass
You can switch pioneers off on the screen . Press av and then power off then yes. Otherwise it stays on in the background. We have left it on and it doesn’t drain must be the solar that keeps it alive.

Dec 31, 2010
Sunny South Shields
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin i7900
Exp
Since 2010
You can switch pioneers off on the screen . Press av and then power off then yes. Otherwise it stays on in the background. We have left it on and it doesn’t drain must be the solar that keeps it alive.
Still runs in the background, turn it off then try and connect with Bluetooth on your phone and you will find that you can.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
We have a Pioneer AVIC double din head unit with rocker switch in power line to ensure it is off. The AV guy who installed it suggested said switch to isolate it.

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Our Chic C-line is just over six years old and so far we haven’t had any problems with the vehicle battery even though it’s got a Pioneer radio.
The difference probably is that I only ever switch the 'media' switch on at the control panel when we are using the radio/TV. All other times it is off.
We also have a Battery Master fitted.

Richard.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back