Do you or anyone you know travel with their feet up on the dash.....A WARNING. (1 Viewer)

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
It was, but it can happen anyway.

Here's hoping she stops doing it when she see's this.
Robert has seen this several times in his career.

You are welcome, it was Robert who posted it last time, but a reminder is never a bad thing.

A bus ploughs into a bus stop full of people and kills them all, it's best to stand in the middle of the road.
You were just lucky in one incident.
When I got back to the office my boss said he was glad that I didn't listen to him as only the day before he told me to keep my feet off the dash as it was wearing the paint off.
And being lucky is an understatement as there were no seat belts in the wagon nothing was stopping me from being launched forward had I have had my feet down it would have been face-first through the windscreen and I might not be here now, but don't get me wrong I agree that having your feet up on the dash is dangerous but your bus stop analogy is just so wrong and bordering on pathetic.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Saw a car the other day with a child in the front with the feet sticking out of the window. Unbelievable 😡
When I worked in Saudi Arabia it was quite common to see the locals driving along with their crotch goblins standing on the front seat of the car with head out of sunroof…….. the results would have been sadly predictable but.., in’shallah…

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
Stuck on the M25 car park yesterday, saw loads doing this.......🤯 Listened to a radio 4 program couple of years back, lady on there broke every bone in her face and nearly dies when air bags fired her knees into her face and was only a minor collision...

The other no-no is driving one-handed with the left arm across the steering wheel and left hand gripping the wheel at the one o' clock position.

If the airbag goes off the ulna and radius (forearm bones) get forced into the chest (or face) by the airbag.

You see this a lot on TV where actors think it is cool to drive one-handed like this. Terrible example.

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
If you have a passenger who won't remove their feet off the dashboard. You could always try this :D

OP
OP
Mrsambulancekidd
May 3, 2016
Ayrshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki
I don’t tell people to not do it though.
I'm telling them not to do it, just passing on the facts, what they do with that is up to them.(y)
but your bus stop analogy is just so wrong and bordering on pathetic.
It was an off the cuff analogy and does it really matter that much, there is no need to insult me for it.
Stuck on the M25 car park yesterday, saw loads doing this.......🤯 Listened to a radio 4 program couple of years back, lady on there broke every bone in her face and nearly dies when air bags fired her knees into her face and was only a minor collision...
Exactly what can happen, I think Robert has attended one like that.
The other no-no is driving one-handed with the left arm across the steering wheel and left hand gripping the wheel at the one o' clock position.

If the airbag goes off the ulna and radius (forearm bones) get forced into the chest (or face) by the airbag.

You see this a lot on TV where actors think it is cool to drive one-handed like this. Terrible example.
Yup....another pet hate of mine, at the very least your not in proper control should something happen.

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Have shown this to John several times but he still does it. Am almost happy when he drives.

Jul 10, 2017
Ireland
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
That x ray is of a child and bearing in mind we can’t see the posterior view it looks very much like a side impact injury .

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
I see people doing this and think oh my lord you are sooo gonna regret that if the worst happens

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I think if everyone lived their life thinking what could happen no one would do anything ever 🤷🏻‍♂️

That said anyone ever put their feet on my dash would be put out the car immediately. Not because its dangerous but its downright disrespectful

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back