Do you like your's in our out? (1 Viewer)

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
I was wondering.......

We've only ever rolled out our awning on sunny days when sitting outside, as a sun shade. Then put it away straight after.

I'm now thinking that it might be better to roll it out as soon as we arrive at a site, and use it as a porch, to keep the area by the hab door dry.

What if the awning is still wet when we move on?

How to you use your awning?

Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks
Robert

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Living in Wales for the last ten years means we want all the sun we can get. So we only use ours in the rain. A cup of tea while the rain lashes your awning is great. Slightest bit of wind and it's in though, seen too many trashed awnings.

We use these Peggy Peg tie downs. They are secured to the ground with pegs, but quick as a flash you can unclip them to put the awning away, and they remain in place so in the morning or when the wind has gone, it takes just a second or so get the awning back out to clip them back in secure. (y)

Link Removed
Do you sell them, Jim???

Upvote 0
Oct 3, 2012
Hastings
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since Oct 2012
Forgot to wind mine in at bedtime in Switzerland, overnight, huge snow dump resulted in collapsed and broken awning, no damage to MoHo though

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    205 KB · Views: 23
Upvote 0
Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Well, now we're serious and all that....:rolleyes: Does anyone know of smaller awnings that will fit over the sliding door on a PVC. I do like the idea of keeping the rain out.
What about this type, this comes from Agentfiamma
Fiamma F35 Pro Awning - Minivan Awning - Titanium Case
f35-primary.jpg

Broken Link Removed

Purchase Information:
SKU: 06762-01T
Our price: £235.00 Incl. VAT
Select awning size F35 Pro 180 F35 Pro 250 F35 Pro 270
Qty: 1 Buy
Add to wish list
Ask a question about this product

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
What about this type, this comes from Agentfiamma
Fiamma F35 Pro Awning - Minivan Awning - Titanium Case
f35-primary.jpg

Broken Link Removed

Purchase Information:
SKU: 06762-01T
Our price: £235.00 Incl. VAT
Select awning size F35 Pro 180 F35 Pro 250 F35 Pro 270
Qty: 1 Buy
Add to wish list
Ask a question about this product

Hmm.............. that's quite a big one matron :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
I left mine up overnight and woke in the morning to find that it had rained heavily in the night. I looked out to see a mangled mess and thought that it had been trashed. Exited the drivers door and went around to find that it was only contorted into an odd shape with a huge pool of water in the middle. Got rid of the water and no tears in the fabric, bends in the pole or anything wrong with it whatsoever. Think myself very lucky and now hide it away at night for safe keeping. When its out now I have a greater slope to allow the water to run off to stop any pooling!

Take care with it when its up as it could cost you a fortune in unwanted trouble and cost!

Happened to me as well. The arms are designed to flex like that. We couldn't get out of the hab door as the big pool of water was sagging down in front of it.
All you need to do is avoid having the two legs at the same height. Adjust it so it isn't level i.e. one leg lower than the other by about a foot and the water won't collect.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
If it's raining and you want to keep the doorway dry just roll the awning out to about 18" or so and you can keep the door open to let some air in - unless of course it's driving rain towards the door.

It's about the only time we use our awning!

Joe

Upvote 0

stevoblogs

Free Member
Oct 7, 2014
Midlands
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Try to use it frequently, well secured if I am in doubt of the weather. If it goes away wet or even damp as had been mentioned get it out to dry it off when you can.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back