Do you leave your bedding in? (1 Viewer)

jaykay

Free Member
Aug 19, 2011
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 997M Auto
Exp
Virtually none ! :)
We are packing the mh today for Fridays trip away (first) and planned to put the bedding in but some friends said definitely not until the day you go because of damp.

I would have thought it would be well aired/warmed through before bed time as we are travelling for about 4 hours and will have the heating on when parked up as well.

What do you do when the weather is cold(ish)??

LilacMoss

Free Member
Jan 10, 2015
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Looking again....
Exp
Im a newbie...since Sept 14
Oops...looks like I may have to sort out new bedding. Was so excited at finally getting my new mh I wasn't thinking straight...and left the stuff in over winter:doh::D

Upvote 0

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
Ditto gozomike; took out end of November as van not being used for s couple of months but now back in and only comes out again to launder.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
We leave ours in all year except when its out for washing etc.-same with towels and even some clothes -no issues with damp at all-but ours is parked up on the drive and is checked at least once a week

Upvote 0

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Never entered my head to take the bedding out always make up fresh when we get back and forget it, our vans 15 years old and never had any problems. When we are away for extended periods I have two oblong cushions roll all my spare bedding and usually a couple of spare towels in them and then the change of bedding takes up no extra storage.

Upvote 0

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
As most of above.. Leave in van except for washing.
Van is normally used regular but first time in 3 years we took it out and we knew van would be stood for a few months..

Upvote 0

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Before going into winter storage I give the MH a good blast with a dehumidifier then put the bedding into bin bags. I also leave moisture collectors in the habitation area. If a large amount of moisture has gathered on my return it's a handy indicator of a possible roof leak.

Upvote 0

Deleted User
We take ours out for washing, since returning to UK in Dec, have kept in house between trips, (Summer left in van) but it's a pain if you want a quick getaway. Have this weekend bought more vac bags for sleeping bags to allow everything to be returned to van after washing :) saves room in house too :D

Lin

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Always leave ours in apart from when it's washed

Upvote 0
Dec 24, 2009
bedworth warks
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
2009 previously a tugger for thirty years
We only take ours out to wash it, spare set kept in a plastic box under the bed so when its time to do the laundry bed gets changed and the clean set gets put in the box.

Upvote 0
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
We leave the bedding in during the summer and remove it in the winter. We also put the heating on for a day or so before setting off as this ensures the mattress etc is nice and warm
Enjoy your trip!

Upvote 0

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Take out and air it over the bannister on the landing for a couple of days before laying out on one of the spare beds, wash the linen. Move the cushions away from the outside walls of Mo, always have just habit I suppose.

Upvote 0
Sep 16, 2013
Horncastle, UK
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2006
We leave ours in, but vacuum bag it when we're not using the van for a while.

We use our van a lot, and it's our everyday vehicle, so it's useful to have it in there in case we decide to stay wherever we are on the spur of the moment. Always keep new sealed toothbrushes etc in there as well.

Upvote 0
Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
We have use oour motorhome a lot more in winter than we ever did with the caravan. We would stop using the caravan in October and start again in April. The van felt very cold and all bedding had to be removed. However with the. MH it has been perfect, took out the duvets over Christmas to air out the mattress but forgot the pillows and they have been fine. Went away tonBristol for the WE first since Beginning of Dec. all lovely :)

Upvote 0

pops

Free Member
May 1, 2012
south glos
Funster No
MH
Pilote panel van
Exp
since1997
We will be putting ours back in the end of the month ready to go away mid March.

Upvote 0
Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
We leave ours in all year except when its out for washing etc.-same with towels and even some clothes -no issues with damp at all-but ours is parked up on the drive and is checked at least once a week
Likewise.(y)

Upvote 0
Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
There's no bedding in the Mizar now as were selling her soon.
Everything's out and she's spotlessly clean.
But we always used to leave the bedding in. We never had a problem it getting damp, but then we used her every other weekend and she's not a damp van.
We only took it out to wash , like others above.
We shall do the same , leave it in, once Ralphs finished the rb conversion.

Upvote 0

Cobweb

Free Member
Mar 25, 2014
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Our van is in storage for most of the winter and when we go away in it it is usually for up to 2 months in the spring and autumn . For that reason the bedding is taken out and stored at home and freshened up and aired just before it is taken back to the van .

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back