Do you keep your bedding in your van? (1 Viewer)

dutts303

Free Member
Aug 30, 2018
Devon
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 03
Exp
Since 2019
Hi,

We have a Chausson Flash 3 with an overcab bed and bunks in the rear. With three fixed beds I’m not sure what to do with our bedding.

Do you tend to make up the beds in the van when you go away or do you leave the bedding in the van?

Rich

OP
OP
dutts303

dutts303

Free Member
Aug 30, 2018
Devon
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 03
Exp
Since 2019
Brilliant thanks. That’s what I was planning to do just wanted to make sure that was ok.

Upvote 0

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
We have Duvalay's for bedding. The covers are washed after each trip and then they are rolled up into their holdalls and stored in the motorhome wardrobe until the next trip.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Cheshirecat57

Free Member
Feb 3, 2018
Mid Cheshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years on and off
Hi,

We have a Chausson Flash 3 with an overcab bed and bunks in the rear. With three fixed beds I’m not sure what to do with our bedding.

Do you tend to make up the beds in the van when you go away or do you leave the bedding in the van?

Rich
We make up the beds and leave them made

Upvote 0
Apr 25, 2014
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Overhead cab
Exp
8 years
We use our duvets from home so take them in when we're not using the van. I'm going to have a look at Duvalays though.
Two more questions:
I have duvet covers that match the decor of the van. Does anyone else? Adverts for m'homes annoy me when they show beds made up with mismatching bed covers.
We store ours in the overhead cab during the day, along with various other bits of equipment. We've often wondered how people cope in van that doesn't have an overhead cab or garage.

Upvote 0

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Leave beds made up spare bedding in an underfloor locker.

Bedding that matches the van - yuck sounds dreadfull.
Our upholstery is off white, bedding bright red, brightens the van up nice bit of contrast.

Upvote 0
Apr 25, 2014
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Overhead cab
Exp
8 years
Leave beds made up spare bedding in an underfloor locker.

Bedding that matches the van - yuck sounds dreadfull.
Our upholstery is off white, bedding bright red, brightens the van up nice bit of contrast.
Thats what I meant about the bedding. Something 'matches' in someway - not clashes. Your combination sounds great.

Upvote 0
Aug 11, 2016
ipswich
Funster No
MH
Not sure
Exp
1 year
We leave the bedding in the van over winter as it gives the mice something to chew and somewhere to keep snug.

Upvote 0
Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
We leave the bedding in the van over winter as it gives the mice something to chew and somewhere to keep snug.
A few years ago after a back operation I attempted to play squash again with a friend who had a knee op (big mistake).
He opened his squash bag after it had been closed for a year or more only to find all his kit has been chewed into mush by rats or mice. Hilarious ! We never played squash again.
Phil

Upvote 0

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
We have two Duvalays and they are superb, ok a little pricey to buy initially but paid for themselves over and over - in convenience alone.
Really snug and warm, easy to roll up and put away, easy washed and if the mattress is a little ‘rippled’ then the memory foam base takes it up.(y)
Wouldn’t be without ours and we’ll worth the price.
Regards

Trikeman. ;)

Upvote 0

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Like most I think. Leave bedding in the van so we're ready for going away at any time. Take out in winter if not using for a while.

Upvote 0

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Spare bedding usually kept in vacuum bags in an under seat locker until required. Used bedding is washed and thoroughly aired before being put in a vacuum bag. We (that means "I"!) take out a set of bedding and let it air for a half hour before making up the French fixed bed during the trip preparations.

We have three sets of bedding - one in use, one spare and one in the wash. They're all colour coordinated although not matched to the van colours. On longer trips we carry a spare duvet too, again in a vacuum bag so it takes up little room.

Used to take it all out after every trip but was a faff as we use the van almost all-year round and finding space at home was a pain.

Upvote 0

markymark

Free Member
Mar 21, 2009
New Forest Southampton
Funster No
MH
Swift 6 berth Coach built
Exp
We leave both beds made up all year round, we put electric blankets under the bed frames on timers in the winter to keep any damp at bay. Worked fine for the past few years.

Upvote 0

ABZSteve

Free Member
Banned
Jan 8, 2014
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
2018, Apache 634 150 Auto
Exp
Since 2015
We don't have a fixed bed but would only remove bedding for washing during our season. Just took all bedding out today as I begin the winterisation process (y)

Upvote 0

Fifiwi

Free Member
Nov 10, 2015
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
We keep just a mattress topper on the (drop down) Moho bed, but everything else gets taken indoors when not in use. We use the same pillows for Moho and home.

Upvote 0

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
We (well usually me) makes up the beds as one of the first tasks in getting ready for departure from home:

Bottom sheet on
Fill cupboards in bedroom area leaving nightclothes near head end of bed
Pillows in pillowcases and then duvet in duvetcover put in place.

When we are away I turn back the duvet to air the bed and open the window and the above bed roof light (fully unless it is raining) to air the sleeping area. A body can lose about a pint of water overnight so I like to keep everything well aired. If we are not travelling that day the sleeping area is left like that for as long as possible. If we are travelling I shut the window / roof light but leave the duvet folded back. The duvet is put into place "properly" is when there is fresh bedding or before I start cooking the evening meal unless we are expecting guests. Even when we have guests I often put a throw over the bed and turned back bedding.

Sheets and bedding changed every week or 10 days and we always carry a spare set or two of bedding with us (more if anyone else is with us so we can do that bed as well). If it's just the two of us the spare bedding is kept on top of the drop down bed along with extra towels. If we need the drop down bed the spare stuff is kept in bags that can be squeezed to remove most of the air and put in the garage.

When we are at home and the van is not in use I take all the bedding into the house including the duvet and pillows. One of the spare beds in the house takes the same size sheets as the van does and I like to rotate the bedding so it wears evenly. Usually I wait for the sales or when it comes as a special in Lidl / Aldi to replace it.

EDIT: I have a very large wardrobe in the utility room that is used for storing van stuff and the van duvet and pillows go in there when not in the van.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back