Do you keep up your standards? (1 Viewer)

Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012
When motorhoming do you keep to same standards at home or lower them a tad.
When we were away beginning of June, we saw one lady change into a little black dress for evening dining outside motorhome and at another site a lovely laid table with cloth, real napkins in rings etc., I'm a slob at home, dinner on my lap while watching tele, lager from a tin but must admit to putting it in a glass while sitting outside MH.:D

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I always drink my beer straight from the can or bottle.

I am far more scruffy ( and happy) when I am in the motorhome.

We do have a tablecloth but don't faff about with flowers on the table or stuff like that.

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
It's a a bit of fun
You have time to do the things you don't do at home, like beer in a glass lol

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
"OH"........... How uncoof... :doh:

Beer from a bottle... yuk !!!! :blush:

One drink`s ones wine from a cut glass "Fluted Glass".... :cooler:

Or if dinning in ones palatial home a....

3ft length of radiator overflow hose... as a straw.. :wink::rofl:

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
I would only be able to keep up Standards if I were able to house the staff whilst away in the van, plus there ain't room in the wardrobe my dinner jacket as well as her posh frocks.

simply

Free Member
Apr 24, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Renault Trafic
Exp
Newcomer
I always dress for dinner.
When in the 'van that will mean putting yesterday's T-shirt on - I can't be slopping sauce down all of my limited supply of clean tops !

Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
"OH"........... How uncoof... :doh:

Beer from a bottle... yuk !!!! :blush:

One drink`s ones wine from a cut glass "Fluted Glass".... :cooler:

Or if dinning in ones palatial home a....

3ft length of radiator overflow hose... as a straw.. :wink::rofl:

'Wine from a fluted glass'?

That's for one's Champagne Mo! Not wine, heathen!

Wine should be drunk from a box........which should be attached to the head board of one's bed, thus negating the need for a glass, of any description.

Saves on washing up, and when one becomes comatose, it save the need to get into bed! You already there!

Simple !

Craig

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
People are very different. My late MIL's neighbour always used to cut his front lawn wearing a tie. When I served in Belize I joined the rabble, mostly consisting of RAF it must be said who didn't wear a tie in the evening. The 'proper' people wore planter's order, ie shirt and tie. This in 90%+ humidity.
If we raise our standards when away in the MH it is in the direction of relaxation, such as lighting a candle in the awning and perhaps listening to some music. Couldn't care less about what anyone wears but there are those who do.

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
In NZ just down the road from us, a fella would mow his lawn, using a push mower, wearing a tie, waistcoat, and puffing a pipe.

Cobweb

Free Member
Mar 25, 2014
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
I have noticed that the French often have tablecloths and linger over their meals for hours . I have yet to see anyone in a little black dress ! When it gets darker in the evenings we often have a candle on the table . As for what we wear....our best trackies of course .

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
I always drink my beer straight from the can or bottle.

I am far more scruffy ( and happy) when I am in the motorhome.

We do have a tablecloth but don't faff about with flowers on the table or stuff like that.

I have seen Landlords dogs peeing up crates of bottled beer in pub back yards....a glass for me every time. BUSBY:D

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Every time I go away I think This Time I am gonna keep/or up my standards.

After an hour on site I just think what the heck ... I can't be bovvered.
I don't believe that for one instant.

Attachments

• joy.jpg
    joy.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 39
Dec 10, 2013
South Staffs
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740GJ
Exp
Since 2013
Usually drink my beer out of a glass but if anyone is offering I will drink it out of anything (within reason)(y)

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I have seen Landlords dogs peeing up crates of bottled beer in pub back yards....a glass for me every time. BUSBY:D
Yikes :D

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
I think standards are the standards you are used to and find acceptable. China plates with decent food, nice wineglasses for nice wine and good whiskey goblets for good whisky , proper cutlery and a tablecloth, table laid inside for evening meals but lunch can be al fresco and more relaxed. Leaf tea in a teapot at breakfast, although we do allow bone china mugs although they are delicate and thin which is important.

We are fortunate to be able to live very well at home, we have a very nice motorhome so why should we apply different standards when using it. Bit like nice manners really. Nice manners are what make people nice to be with. Burping and farting loudly in public, eating with a mouth open or full of food, constantly looking at mobile phone in company and adopting similar low standards/poor manners show little or no respect for the others you are with and even less for themselves.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Well yes, like to drink from crystal glasses (buy them from the charity shop) won't matter if you break one, I like to use china mugs and plates, always have a cloth on the outside table, and if there are flowers around will have them.

Like my clothes to be comfy, would not wear scruffy clothes at home so why would I wear them when I am away.:smiley:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I think standards are the standards you are used to and find acceptable. China plates with decent food, nice wineglasses for nice wine and good whiskey goblets for good whisky , proper cutlery and a tablecloth, table laid inside for evening meals but lunch can be al fresco and more relaxed. Leaf tea in a teapot at breakfast, although we do allow bone china mugs although they are delicate and thin which is important.

We are fortunate to be able to live very well at home, we have a very nice motorhome so why should we apply different standards when using it. Bit like nice manners really. Nice manners are what make people nice to be with. Burping and farting loudly in public, eating with a mouth open or full of food, constantly looking at mobile phone in company and adopting similar low standards/poor manners show little or no respect for the others you are with and even less for themselves.

We so would not get on Ian.

I dress down and act down at weekends after a week of suffering pompous gits.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
You mean you know landlords stupid enough to leave beer crates in the open :doh:

In any case, the bottles will be dry by the time theygo on the shelf and you would be none the wiser.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back