Do you feel priveleged to have a MH? (1 Viewer)

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
We are getting mums MH ready for a festival weekend and I'm thinking how privileged we are not having to walk half a mile lugging camping gear, waiting in line for an hour to have a shower and using smelly portaloos all weekend.
Do you take your MH for granted??

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Not yet......... that is I don't take the MH for granted yet, and yes we are VERY privileged to have it.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
As per Gail really. It is a privilege to own one.

Also a good mid life crisis toy!

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
Never take her for granted!! She's just like a lady. Requires kid gloves to handle, it's slower first thing in the morning, makes great bacon sarnies, is comfortable and inviting and nice and warm to be inside :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OllieUK

Free Member
Jun 23, 2013
Ramsgate
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E520
Exp
Since 2009
I feel I'm Absolutely privileged, the money that I spent on buying, running a MH and keeping it up to scratch is not peanuts. Regardless of how far I travel I just love being in the MH.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
At a music festival absolutely totally privileged. Dry bed, your own toilet and hot water. The only way to festival and one of the big reasons why we bought our first van. Our next one is Beautiful Days if anyone wants to meet up for lots of cider (y)

Not at a festival..... I think I still feel privileged. We can finish up with work and school on a Friday afternoon and just decide to go somewhere. No worrying about dog sitters or 14 year old prop sitters. Just go.

Both of those things are worth a lot to me.

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
if IT! goes anywhere near Scotland , summin bad 'appens. if IT! sticks to the west country, then IT behaves
When we bought IT, we had problems with IT, but we have gone past that now, and IT! cross fingers,legs, eyes, touch wood, salt, over shoulder, IT! will serve us well, IT will!

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I do sometimes, especially on long journeys.

Is there anything better than just cooking your lunch on a motorway aire?

Love it.

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
Absolutely privileged every time we head off on an adventure. Love the fact we can meet new people make new friends and enjoy life to the full. PERFECT.........................

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Having paid our dues under various forms of canvas and in a cramped VW Kombi, and having worked hard to pay for it, we feel we've earned our relatively comfy place in a MH. I leave it to others to decide if we're privileged, and we definitely don't take it for granted.

When we were stuck in a queue at Calais port during a fisherman's blockade of the harbour mouth, tucking into our meal at a table while those around us sweated and grumbled in over-full family cars I have to confess to feeling positively smug, but I can safely admit that here.

Billy23

Free Member
Feb 10, 2012
On a planet...far, ....far away.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On and off 1995
Spose it's a bit like when I had my own business ( in partnership with my wife) and being told how " lucky" I was, my answer was always the same, the harder I worked the luckier I got.
Sooooo, if you are in a tent, perhaps you spent yur money in some other way......or you just ain't " Lucky" :whistle:

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Had an appointment this morning and was told how lucky I was to have the lifestyle I have...... nothing to do with luck but a lot to do with hard work and organising things so that when I did have to give up work I was able to access savings made over the previous 50 years.

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
I feel lucky and privilege that I was born of parents that gave me a good upbringing, installed a decent set of morals and a good work ethic in me. They were not over bearing, let me learn life's lessons but were there to guild me should I need it. The motorhome is a result of hard work and making the right decisions but my ability to have the means to make those decisions is the privilege, not the van it's self.

If you see what I mean?:nerd:

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
It's our mid-life crisis, life savings purchase but appreciate it more every trip for what it enables us to do! Worked hard to earn it over a long period so not sure we feel privileged more like lucky that our life so far has made this possible.

camocam1

Free Member
Aug 28, 2012
Elgin,Moray,Scotland
Funster No
MH
bailey approach 760 se
Exp
since 2012
I feel privlaged that we are fit and able to use the van that we have worked hard to be able to buy( new one to us comes tomorrow and will be sorry to see our 1st van go but hopefully someone else will get as much please from it that we have over the last 2 years)
You are not privlaged just because you own a MH

RS_rob

Free Member
Dec 14, 2013
Turnford
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
over a Year Yay................
Yes & Yes
I love not having to change in & out of my kayaking gear crouched in the back of my van or outside covering my dignity with a towel, not having to empty the van to sleep in it or pitch the tent in the dark or the rain.

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
I am not privileged...... I am fortunate... I have no privilege over any other person I know. Just luck perhaps...

I am fortunate to have a job, a great wife, a lovely family, and an income that allowed us to buy our motorhome.... There is no privilege there. No entitlement, no automatic "privilege"...(y)::bigsmile:

priv·i·leged
[priv-uh-lijd, priv-lijd]
adjective
belonging to a class that enjoys special privileges; favoured: the privileged few.
entitled to or exercising a privilege.

::bigsmile:

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back