Do you consider this is a social networking? (1 Viewer)

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
Whoa! Just Googled my own Forum name and realised how much information is out there!

Actually, I think this IS a Social Networking Site and all the better for it. You choose what to disclose about yourself (to be fair, as you can in FB and you can make it private except to those you choose).

Long may it continue.

Steve
Must be a closed social site in my opinion as membership is limited to
Width of your mind and length of van

:reel::reel::imoutahere::imoutahere:
I must be well boring
on a few other sites with the same handle
Loads of sites for Tofo

One I wished I was associated with not

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaTBQy6vfsM&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Lets rename it Motorhometwitter.com!

You know the sort of thing, we can be under the delusion that if we inform the rest of the world about our every move, someone might be interested!:Doh:

A typical day-

Tweet 1, Just arrived on site.

Tweet 2, I am filling my water tank, oops I just splashed some.

Tweet 3, Shell is making a cuppa, mmm

Tweet 4, I am lowering my step.

(Oh! I had better change my status to 'on site')

WHO BLOODY CARES!!!!! GET A LIFE AND GET YOUR FACE OUT OF YOUR SMARTPHONE!!!!!!:Angry:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
In whatever guise, Twitter, FB or Fun.... social media is here to stay. It has revolutionised, literally, millions of people's lives.
It was this media that made the Arab Spring possible.. has given the silenced people a voice, without it we would know little about the plight if the Syrians and the brutal regime.

Governments hate it, especially the totalitarian ones.. they want it shut down.. so let us rejoice in our freedom to express ourselves,( within reason,) without fear of a knock on the door..

I follow a few on Twitter.. mostly interesting journalists and politicians, also have a FB but only to keep in contact with family both here and abroad. Live and let live, some people love it.

I used to be on many forums, still am, but as time goes on find them getting stale, same old same old .. so don't visit them very often now.. This one is better in as much as it has a lot of interesting topics and people.. Some I just use to get info, eg family history.. but don't join in otherwise.

The great thing about it.. no one forces you to join or use it.. you don't like, you don't join up or join in ... you don't need to tweet (reply to threads) :winky:

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
We love FB too, Jim!:thumb:

Those 'pies' do well in a motorhome oven!::bigsmile:

We reckon, though, for many people, the biggest difference between Face Book and Motorhome Fun is the fact that your friends aren't just imaginary, but real!

'Actual Reality' beats 'Virtual Reality' every time in our book!:thumb:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
We love FB too, Jim!:thumb:

Those 'pies' do well in a motorhome oven!::bigsmile:

[HI]We reckon, though, for many people, the biggest difference between Face Book and Motorhome Fun is the fact that your friends aren't just imaginary, but real![/HI]

'Actual Reality' beats 'Virtual Reality' every time in our book!:thumb:

are you sure ? :winky:

My 'friends' on FB are all known to me personally .. either family or ex workmates.. can't say that about all Fun members .. :roflmto:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
You make a good point Jim!

I think was really referring to FB's and Twitter's younger users who seem to seek self esteem through having massive list of 'friends' and followers.
I'll give myself a slap on the wrist for making too much of an over generalisation!:Doh:

Sorry to stereotype you Jim!:Sad:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
You make a good point Jim!

I think was really referring to FB's and Twitter's younger users who seem to seek self esteem through having massive list of 'friends' and followers.
I'll give myself a slap on the wrist for making too much of an over generalisation!:Doh:

Sorry to stereotype you Jim!:Sad:

:roflmto: no worries...

but I think there are some on here with 'imaginary' friends ...

or even imaginary vans :ROFLMAO:

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
I do wonder how people view us after being on Motorhome Fun.

We had a fantastic time skiing with other Funsters in February whilst staying on an aire in Val Thorens, France.

Can you imagine how it sounds to the uninitiated?:Eeek:

"Yeah, hi Trev! Just had a fantastic time with the missus and some other couples we met online! We are members of a website called Motorhome Fun and we have just got back from a meet on a carpark!"

Be careful how you describe your holidays to work colleagues if you want to avoid gossip!:thumb:

sue1959

Free Member
Feb 11, 2010
Ireland
Funster No
Exp
non as yet, hired in Canada a couple of times. hope to buy in the next few years.
Well my van isn't imaginary it's non-existent!
My imaginary friend though says I can think about owning one as much as I like! Even thinking of trips I would like to take.::bigsmile:

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Well my van isn't imaginary it's non-existent!
[HI]My imaginary friend though says I can think about owning one[/HI] as much as I like! Even thinking of trips I would like to take.::bigsmile:

You don't know how lucky you are, my imaginary friend isn't speaking to me....... :winky:

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
well my real friends do not talk to me

You don't know how lucky you are, my imaginary friend isn't speaking to me....... :winky:

Do not know about imaginary friends.. it is the lack of real ones that worry me.. as my daughter says ..Billy Nomates:winky:

I know lots of people ..are they real? that I do not know.. but will see just how many say Hi at Peterborough when I am out with Ezzie.

After posting the question and reading the responds I am none the wiser. A few people gave some serious thought... ScotlandJim gave a good example of social sites and how that has effected the world like the middle east.

Others as usual just could not get the point... but then I did not expect a serious answer... I still think of it as a club rather than a social site like FB.. which I do not belong to, nor want to.

Bob

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
WHAT!!!! MARGARET!!!!! NO SOGGY BOTTOMS:whatthe:...What is the world coming too:Doh:...we are all dooomed, it is the end of the world.....NO SOGGY Bottoms:whatthe::Doh: I better put my head in the gas oven.....OMG it's an electric oven....

Ha, ha!! I spotted a "Boozy" Fray Bentos pie in our local supermarket today, (it's got steak and ale in it) so got it and will give it a try and report back on here:roflmto:

I've never seen a "Boozy" FB pie before, but haven't eaten an FB in about 30 years:RollEyes:
Margaret:roflmto:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Ha, ha!! I spotted a "Boozy" Fray Bentos pie in our local supermarket today,[HI] (it's got steak and ale in it) [/HI]so got it and will give it a try and report back on here:roflmto:

I've never seen a "Boozy" FB pie before, but haven't eaten an FB in about 30 years:RollEyes:

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: yeah right ..

closest it got to ale was the whiff from the packing operators breath .. and as for steak..... best have a magnifying glass handy coz you won't see it otherwise.. :roflmto:

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
Whoa! Just Googled my own Forum name and realised how much information is out there!

Actually, I think this IS a Social Networking Site and all the better for it. You choose what to disclose about yourself (to be fair, as you can in FB and you can make it private except to those you choose).

Long may it continue.

Steve

Crikey! Just Googled our forum name as well, frightening the information that's out there!!!:RollEyes:
Just about every post that's been aired on here as available through Google........Big Brother or what?:Blush:

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: yeah right ..

closest it got to ale was the whiff from the packing operators breath .. and as for steak..... best have a magnifying glass handy coz you won't see it otherwise.. :roflmto:

Well, as I said, it's about 30 years since we've had a FB pie, last one was for a caravan meal, so long ago I can't remember much about it, apart from the fact that the pastry was pretty good considering it was out of a tin:RollEyes:
Maybe they've improved a bit since then........will let you know when we've consumed it:Smile:
Margaret

Oct 1, 2007
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
Well, as I said, it's about 30 years since we've had a FB pie, last one was for a caravan meal, so long ago I can't remember much about it, apart from the fact that the pastry was pretty good considering it was out of a tin:RollEyes:
Maybe they've improved a bit since then.......[HI].will let you know when we've consumed [/HI]it:Smile:
Margaret

now thats a brave man
he thinks he is going to eat it
every one knows
you use a spoon for the fluid

then fork for the soggy top

:thumb::thumb::thumb::Blush:

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
now thats a brave man
he thinks he is going to eat it
every one knows
you use a spoon for the fluid

then fork for the soggy top

:thumb::thumb::thumb::Blush:

Now you've really got me confused, because I thought they all had soggy bottoms!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
This is where this all started, someone else said that FB pies had soggy bottoms and I said there was nothing worse than a soggy bottom!:roflmto:
How can you get a soggy top on your FB pie if your oven's hot enough? Unless they've really gone downhill, the last one I had 30 years ago had a crispy pastry top on it:thumb:
Mind you, a lot of things can go downhill after 30 years:Blush:
Margaret::bigsmile:

Oct 1, 2007
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
Now you've really got me confused, because I thought they all had soggy bottoms!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
This is where this all started, someone else said that FB pies had soggy bottoms and I said there was nothing worse than a soggy bottom!:roflmto:
How can you get a soggy top on your FB pie if your oven's hot enough? Unless they've really gone downhill, the last one I had 30 years ago had a crispy pastry top on it:thumb:
Mind you, a lot of things can go downhill after 30 years:Blush:
Margaret::bigsmile:

you certain you cooked em the right way up :thumb::thumb:

but the tins on an up note make good ashtrays candle holders
or just a good cooking for a meaty pie
but hey what do i know

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
you certain you cooked em the right way up :thumb::thumb:

but the tins on an up note make good ashtrays candle holders
or just a good cooking for a meaty pie
but hey what do i know

We took a photo of this "Boozy" FB pie after putting it in the trolley and got funny looks from one of the staff:roflmto:

The last time we had a FB pie (in a caravan) hubby had hair!!:ROFLMAO:
Hope he doesn't see this post or I'm in big trouble:Blush:

Oct 1, 2007
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
:thumb:ynah just a differant
angle on a common circle
food fun and friendship
thread
in wait for it

getting

there

a

s
o
c
i
a
l

n
e
t edit splingo mistook
w
o
r
k

site
there back on thread:thumb::thumb:

Last edited:
OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
so I take that as it is one?

:thumb:ynah just a differant
angle on a common circle
food fun and friendship
thread
in wait for it

getting

there

a

s
o
c
i
a
l

n
e
w
o
r
k

site
there back on thread:thumb::thumb:

So I take it then you are saying it is one then? is that with or without the FBP?

Bob:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
I am still trying to work out how we got from social networks to FBP:Eeek:

Bob:Blush:

Hi Bob!
It all started on page 2 of this thread, with JJ's response and then Beachcaster's...........Facebook was abbreviated to FB and that's when things started to get a bit more interesting:roflmto:

Margaret

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back