Do you alarm your van when in it ? (1 Viewer)

Sapper520

Free Member
Jan 22, 2020
North Somerset
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
September 2020
Homemade straps…… (y)

206C49BD-9D4C-4708-98CE-A260C0990574.jpeg

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
We use the Strikeback when we leave it in the daytime if it’s in an open place but the silly thing seems unhappy so if we think it will upset people we leave it off, we don’t bother if we are in it in daytime!
We don’t bother too much at night unless we feel it’s needed then we do the ‘abba’ so it doesn’t upset the dog if it goes off!

Ejaydee

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2018
Penzance in (usually) sunny Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Roller Team T 590
Exp
Since retiring
Van has Strikeback alarm which I always set at night as well as when leaving van in the day. Can still move about in van without setting it off while doors, external lockers and bonnet remain armed. Also have deadlocks on all doors. And a dog! :Smile:

Exactly the same as us. Just have to remember to unset the alarm before letting the dog out first thing in the morning.........guess who has forgotten and woken the neighbourhood? :LOL:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DT

Dec 27, 2020
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner 690G
Exp
Boats Caravans & Motorhomes for 25 years
90% of the time I set my alarm.

MarionK

Free Member
Nov 4, 2021
Essex UK (currently ;) )
Funster No
MH
Ducato Cheyenne 585
Nice bump. :)
It's still all a bit 'theoretical' for me, but I think it's likely to be VERY much dictated by location/venue.
I know I will feel more secure in the mh than a tent, travelling solo across europe, but at the Woodside Field rally, I would have felt safe just bivouacking! I'm not sure I even locked the doors every night. It was a very select group with good gate security for good measure. It's hard to imagine that anywhere else could feel that safe!
If a place feels too dodgy, I wouldn't stop there by choice, but I think I will get a shed alarm for the hab door, and a strap for the cab doors, for for those times when there may be no choice. (Cab is already alarmed and hab door has latches as well as the (not so secure?) regular door lock.) I wouldn't use the wheel thing though, in case I did need to get away in a hurry.
I'm wondering if I should get a heavy implement of some sort as last line of defence, because if anyone did break the hab door open, (alarm needs the door to open to set it off, so not really that much use*) then there'd be nothing between me and the intruder. . .:worried:

*only thought of that after I'd started the post

Jul 27, 2013
Wilts/Oxon border
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since childhood!
We have the standard alarm fitted and set it before sleeping.

Have tested it ( in a lay-by ) as well, so know what happens when door bonnet or garage is opened with and without "hab" occupied. Would suggest all owners test their system, so they have faith in it. We have asked a few owners in the past if they even know what their alarm sounds like and surprise they do not have a clue !!!!!
I'd had my car for a decade before I even realised it HAD an alarm. When I set it off when opening the door with a key when the fob battery died... ☺️

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: JJ

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back