Do we have many full timers on the forum at the moment?

Discussion in 'Full Timers' started by Jac Sprat, Oct 23, 2016.

1. Northernraider

Northernraider Funster

Ratings:
    +15,426
    Jest a wee tip on you scooter restraints
    Be careful of putting too much tension on those handlebars and avoid having the brake levers pulled on, the bars have been known to bend and snap and if the levers pulled constantly on it does damage
    You can buy an actual handlebar restraint strap that does better

2. BONZO

BONZO Funster

Ratings:
    +279
    We may be over in Spain around December January February time so we may bump in to you ...not literally lol . We are on east cost U.K. At the moment but as the weather drops we are crossing the pond . It's been 4months now full timing and we love it we are spending around £150 a week . So it's very doable

• Nice One! Nice One! x 1
  3. Badknee

Badknee Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +63,160
    Thanks for the tip @Northernraider but it's just the leftover strap that's round the brake levers, there's no tension on them.(y)

• Like it Like it x 1
  4. Badknee

Badknee Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +63,160
    We're on the ferry late Dec to Santander @BONZO then straight down to the Med for Christmas. We're stopping on a site for a month with friends while @Mrs Badknee chills after her retirement and then who knows (y)

• Love it Love it x 2
  5. Kelso

Kelso Funster

Ratings:
    +108
    Hi jac , we have just returned to the UK after eleven months touring around Europe. We have lived in our camper full time for three and a half years. We are only back for the service and mot, and then we will be off to the algarve for the winter. We drove up to Barcelona from portugal and took a ferry to Rome and then on to Greece. We then went to macadonia, serbia and on to Prague, and then north to Norway. If you need any info we can recommend a few camp sites if this helps you. . Kelso and Margit.

• Like it Like it x 2
  6. daved2524

daved2524 Funster

Ratings:
    +212
    What site do you use in the Algarve?

7. Kelso

Kelso Funster

Ratings:
    +108
    Hi David,

We stay in Armacao de Pera campsite. Just off the N125. But beware, there are two campsites there. We stay in the 2nd one from the n125 nearest the beach.
    Last year it was 11 euros a night incl. electricity. They have a bar/restaurant/pool and a good social scene.
    If you need anymore info just ask.

8. Linda18

Linda18 Funster

Ratings:
    +32
    I rent a house and I am giving it up at the end of January next year. I am putting important stuff into storage in case I need a home when I get older or if I need treatment (I have a long term illness). So looking forward to winter in Spain and slowly making my way back to England for a coupe of months in the summer.

• Like it Like it x 2
  9. Eurocookie

Eurocookie Funster

Ratings:
    +4
    we (wife and I) are just in the process of selling up in the UK and commencing FT'ing hopefully mid July departure from these shores. Had enough of full time working for a living and as much as it sounds like a cliche we are only here once , no second chances at life so go out and enjoy. Wife and I are very early 50's with two dogs some experience of camping, caravanning and campervanning so not complete virgins at this. Selling furniture and all and reckon we can manage 10 years on money without working but as in posts above if we find somewhere we like ( and they like us) we will stay and work for a while. Cant wait....understand that we must return for MOT etc each year but thats a small price to pay. Jason & Nic plus Alfie & Louie

• Like it Like it x 1
  10. Musicboy

Musicboy Funster

Ratings:
    +247
    15 years & two months . Lov it ....