Do not look for a motorhome....... (1 Viewer)

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
....until ready to buy, big mistake:Doh:

We are/were not planning to change our van until next year but couldn't help having a scout around on ebay, Pre-loved etc and have fallen for one that is for sale not too far from us. Similar age to the van we have, I.e OLD, but a bit bigger and a comfy looking lounge area. As we are planning to be More-timing next year this should suit us better.

Now I've got to come up with a plan to buy it! If we still like it after viewing, and sell our current van.

Anybody got any feedback on the Tabbert vans? This is a 680 FFB 1997.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 271

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
VERY well built vans :thumb:more RR type van :Smile:Would think it would be going for around 14k ish maybe a little more depending on underpinnings :thumb::winky:
terry

OP
OP
Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Very close with the price Terry. What do you mean - an RR type van?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Very close with the price Terry. What do you mean - an RR type van?

Rolls Royce.

Search for Tabbert on here for much praise.

A starter for 10....

Broken Link Removed

Brian's answered for me :thumb: Hold prices very well and if you can find one around the price you won't go far wrong -- with a little care it will last you yrs :thumb: plus things will not be dropping off ::bigsmile:
terry

OP
OP
Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Thanks guys. I have exchanged a couple of emails and now phone numbers. Hope to arrange to go and see it next week sometime.

We were intending to get a newer van, but something about this one has really taken my fancy, Colin is keen too so we may have our Hymer up for sale quicker than planned!

Of course we have to actually see it first!

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
This one finished last week at below 10K asking price. If I was not going to Spain I would have bought it as a spec. As far as I am aware it did not sell, so maybe its worth a ring. Its on the Merc chassis and as I used to have an FFB, I can vouch for there build quality. cwww.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mercedes-benz-410-Camper-Motorhomes-/251359931701?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&nma=true&si=CF7jW2IJW7T83K%252FEFk4Ke5jPKsE%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=n

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Just noticed you already have a HYmer ( taberts were upmarket Hymers in there day ) so you will not be disapointed :thumb: No doubt it will have lots of goodies fitted and the owner will have looked after it very well because they were not cheap to buy new :winky:::bigsmile:
terry

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
We were intending to get a newer van, but

Did that a few years ago, went out to buy a new(ish) CBR600 bike at a Honda dealer's, saw an immaculate VFR750 bike older than the one I was running, fell in love with it and it was the best engineered machine I ever owned. Age not everything, quality is.

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
since 2007, 25 years tuggin before that.
It's fatal, we only went to Lincoln for the rally, ended up changing the 'van.
Still not really sure why?

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
Many years ago I went with my Dad to buy a £1.68 vacuum pipe for his car at a dealers and I came home with a new Citroen BX!
That was difficult to explain to Mrs A!
You know what they say, men can't stop acting on impulse!!!
Allan

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
....until ready to buy, big mistake:Doh:

We are/were not planning to change our van until next year but couldn't help having a scout around on ebay, Pre-loved etc and have fallen for one that is for sale not too far from us. Similar age to the van we have, I.e OLD, but a bit bigger and a comfy looking lounge area. As we are planning to be More-timing next year this should suit us better.

Now I've got to come up with a plan to buy it! If we still like it after viewing, and sell our current van.

Anybody got any feedback on the Tabbert vans? This is a 680 FFB 1997.

Is this van for sale in Derbyshire? ? Looks familiar.BUSBY::bigsmile:

Sep 3, 2013
Crowthorne, Berkshire
Funster No
MH
1992 RMB Silver Star 670
Exp
One year. A whole one!
Older, quality 'van? My recent experience validates that completely.

And I was 'just looking' as well with no real intention of buying, but sometimes the right machine turns up and you just have to do it.

Looks good! You've got nothing to lose.:thumb:

OP
OP
Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
I have been dreaming about this damn van. But we haven't sold ours, we are selling the house......... It's all at the wrong time.

They have said if we really want it and leave a deposit they will keep it for us. Will have to go and see it and the owners first to decide if they are genuine etc.

We did the same with our current van, found it before selling the other one and the seller was happy to keep in for a few weeks while we sold the other one.

Trouble is with work commitments we can't go for another two weeks.:shout:

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
Yes it is, do you know the van Busby?

Think its the one at the end of my road. He has just resprayed bottom half dark grey. Will try and get a closer look today and get reg to confirm its the same one. Located in Riddings.BUSBY::bigsmile:

OP
OP
Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Think its the one at the end of my road. He has just resprayed bottom half dark grey. Will try and get a closer look today and get reg to confirm its the same one. Located in Riddings.BUSBY::bigsmile:

Well that's reassuring. Have a good nose around for us Busby?

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp

Van looks decent on the bodywork, but difficult to judge the inside without going inside. If i see the owner about i will ask for a look inside. How much is he asking for it? BUSBY::bigsmile:

bryandh

Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp
Since 2010
Bought our 1991 Tabbert 570 Classic, 3 years ago and are very very happy with it, comfortable and very reliable with no complex electronic gadgets to go expensively wrong ! Just had to add some stuff of our own eg solar panel etc.

If price is right and you are happy with layout, then go for it.... lovely vans.

Regards, Bryan

Ps: Sent you PM

B

Last edited:
OP
OP
Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Very excited, off to see the Tabbert tomorrow. Our Hymer is up for sale and keeping fingers crossed it goes quickly, although it will be a very sad day when he goes :Sad:

OP
OP
Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Thanks Carol. We are going armed with a damp metre and a pair of overalls!

Overalls for Colin not me :ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Oh dear :Sad: poor old Tabbert, it was a little bit too unloved for us. Lots of holes in the interior wood furnishings where things had been screwed on and then moved, trims coming off, scuff marks just about everywhere and more importantly things going on underneath which Colin wasn't happy with. Too much of a project to get things how we would have wanted them. :cry: It certainly didn't feel like my home away from home.

It made me realise how nice our Hymer is inside and it's older.

bryandh

Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp
Since 2010
Sorry to hear that your hopes have been dashed, was looking forward to forming a Tabbert group:roflmto:

Don't despair, there is a van out there for you and don't be put off the brand by one bad 'un

Regards Bryan

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Oh dear :Sad: poor old Tabbert, it was a little bit too unloved for us. Lots of holes in the interior wood furnishings where things had been screwed on and then moved, trims coming off, scuff marks just about everywhere and more importantly things going on underneath which Colin wasn't happy with. Too much of a project to get things how we would have wanted them. :cry: It certainly didn't feel like my home away from home.

It made me realise how nice our Hymer is inside and it's older.

But good you have the experience to walk away..

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Is this van for sale in Derbyshire? ? Looks familiar.BUSBY::bigsmile:

Yes it is, do you know the van Busby?

Van looks decent on the bodywork, but difficult to judge the inside without going inside. If i see the owner about i will ask for a look inside. How much is he asking for it? BUSBY::bigsmile:

::bigsmile:when I see stuff like this I love it::bigsmile:

OP
OP
Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
::bigsmile:when I see stuff like this I love it::bigsmile:

It is good isn't it. Thanks to this thread I knew that the price was fair ( well it would have been had the interior been in better nick). I knew the seller was genuine and was reassured enough to go and see it. It just wasn't the right van for us. All good stuff though.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back