Do I take our worming tablets for the French vet to administer (1 Viewer)

Merle

Free Member
Mar 31, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2008
Hi, firstly I apologise if this has been asked before. This will be our first time abroad in the motorhome and will be taking our dog with us. Whilst I appreciate we will need to visit a vet 1 - 5 days prior to our return to UK for worming I am reading conflicting reports as to whether we supply the vet with the pills or not. Any of you who have traveled back in the last few months prepared to straighten our confused brains please
Dave

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
you could . but i just let them give what ever they give.
last time it was about 30 euro they supplied what ever .

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
we took our own, but mainly so we could be sure nothing got lost in translation, easier to get out vet to supply the right one for our dog, I suspect though that most vets will communicate in better English than I can French

doubt it saved any money, cant see them giving a discount

edit - we also took a spare tablet in case one got spat out and to the amusement of the vet a pack of ham to wrap the tablet :D

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Our dog was fine, but the wife had to worm me.........:(:(:(

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
we were on holiday and the wife got mixed up the dog got two coden a got two doctor matins worming tablets
during our merge she has fed me dog things more than once:Eeek:

955matt

Free Member
Sep 8, 2012
bexhill on sea
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2012
We get our tablets from the Internet and take them with us, no problems with the vets in Germany or France all very friendly , some free , the most expensive was €15 . The recommended tablets are only about £1.50'each on the net.
Hope this helps Matt

OP
OP
Merle

Merle

Free Member
Mar 31, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2008
We get our tablets from the Internet and take them with us, no problems with the vets in Germany or France all very friendly , some free , the most expensive was €15 . The recommended tablets are only about £1.50'each on the net.
Hope this helps Matt
Thanks Matt, we buy from the net as well although not as cheaply as you have found. We use Milbemax

treetops1

Free Member
Feb 25, 2013
yorkshire/ lincolnshire.
Funster No
MH
Sold last van-
Exp
a long time,since 1996
Hi Merle,We don't bother tend to use the vet in Calais generally 42 euros for two dogs don't think you will get it any cheaper supplying your own pill lol,

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
A couple of years ago when we took our dogs to a vet in Verona, he stamped their passports then gave us a prescription for worming tablets to take to the pharmacy next door and trusted us to administer the pills to the dogs.

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi, I always carry my worming tablets for Izzy and I think consistently have been asked, bith in France and Germany, if I am supplying the tablet and the price has been cheaper. More importantly, being as they are pretty horrible things (the tablets) giving her the same type as she has always had without upsetting her system more than the obvious seems a good idea to me....Janie

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
The vet we go to supplies and administers for €8. Meg doesn't like tablets, but the vet gets them down her. If we have to give her any they have to be hidden in a lump of brie (other soft cheeses are available)

OP
OP
Merle

Merle

Free Member
Mar 31, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2008
Thanks to you all for your replies very helpful. We will take our tablets with us if the vet says non we'll buy his :)

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
We took our own tablets but struggled to find a vet that was open, they seem to keep some odd hours. Anyhoo we by chance found a vet on the road into Charleroi in Belgium who was open 13:00 to 13:30 for consultation. He gave the dogs a good look over and told us as he was signing the passport, he would prefer to use his own tablets which I thought was fair enough. He supplied us with two beef flavour chews which the lads wolfed down and no side effects, 49 euros for the two.

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
The vet we go to supplies and administers for €8. Meg doesn't like tablets, but the vet gets them down her. If we have to give her any they have to be hidden in a lump of brie (other soft cheeses are available)
Could you tell me who the vet is thats loads cheaper than we have ever paid you did say eight euros??

David

OP
OP
Merle

Merle

Free Member
Mar 31, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2008
Could you tell me who the vet is thats loads cheaper than we have ever paid you did say eight euros??

David
I must admit I was wondering the same thing...but I guess they are about to get over-run if Rr owns up :rolleyes:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back