Do I take one cylinder of gas? (1 Viewer)

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
I am hopefully going to get a new Hymer in very short time and it requires us to go up on the train or bus to collect it for the North pole or nearby. I want go home via CAK tanks and collect another 11 kg tank and the connecting refill kit for two. I already have one full new gasit tank and will take it up this weekend in the car when I go to finalise the price and conditions. However if I fit in the cabinet as just one, will the twin cylinder setup allow the gas to go straight out the unconnected pigtail through the changeover valve?. I want some gas on the trip South even if just for tea breaks. until I get to Kenilworth for the second tank and fitment kit. I do not think the dealer will play ball at the price I want to pay for it, so no extras from them, for the bits, I can get and fit them a lot cheaper. OR should I get the second bottle on the was up this week and leave both there for coming back. Am I just being tight and should pay them to fit the tanks and kit, not cheap though I should think. I will be paying about £70000 for it and there is a bit off but I want to get as low as possible so will finally haggle, when I actually have the money from a house sale in my account after completion.
How much do you think I could expect to get them down from list for a demonstrator supplied at a cheaper rate from Hymer? I is up for £74000 full price.

Jan 29, 2014
Scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache
Exp
July 2013
When I purchased mine the price was 63000
With all the extras I wanted.
I had the cash to do the deal on the day also said I would be going to the Peterborough show and someone will take my money of me.the week after.
After all the bulls ..t up and down into different bosses got it down to 51000.
remember your in the driving seat they want you're money. If your not cheeky and push your luck you get nowt.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
What model Hymer is it?

With the gas I don't see a problem should be Ok with one cylinder connected for a short trip also the pigtail will have the high pressure cut off valve on the end.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
GWAYGWAY

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
I wasn't sure if there was a valve in the system. The model is an ML-I and it has a position for two bottles in the garage with a two way regulator joining the pigtails. I want to have a refillable system and I already have a gasit bottle from my last van which went away with two gaslow 6kg bottles bottles set on it. I cannot drag the bottle on the train it is not allowed on a bus either for obvious reasons.So if I take it up in the car I can leave it there,

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Get the gas included and fitted.
Else you could stop at autogas2000 near whitby and have it fitted.

Aug 11, 2012
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 1975 on and off.
When I purchased mine the price was 63000
With all the extras I wanted.
I had the cash to do the deal on the day also said I would be going to the Peterborough show and someone will take my money of me.the week after.
After all the bulls ..t up and down into different bosses got it down to 51000.
remember your in the driving seat they want you're money. If your not cheeky and push your luck you get nowt.
That sounds an exceptional deal if off new, 20%.
Is 10% off list price when new a good guide, need enlightening.

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Forgive me if I'm wrong but buying a Moho without some form of LPG installed is buying something not fit for purpose.
On the PDI how do they check all the LPG appliances work? On your talk through demo how do they show you how everything works?
Can you imagine buying it without a fuel tank for instance? It a very expensive vehicle that needs LPG to run it properly and completely.

MillieMoocher

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
40 years under canvas: Motorhome 2016 To 2020
Forgive me if I'm wrong but buying a Moho without some form of LPG installed is buying something not fit for purpose.
On the PDI how do they check all the LPG appliances work? On your talk through demo how do they show you how everything works?
Can you imagine buying it without a fuel tank for instance? It a very expensive vehicle that needs LPG to run it properly and completely.
When I picked up my ML-I in March, Lowdhams had connected a bottle of gas to the system and were able to demonstrate fully all appliances using their gas bottle. They then disconnected it, and I went upstairs to the accessory dept and signed up for the gas and put my own bottle on it.

We later had 11kg Gaslow installed at Peterborough for considerably less than the dealer was asking to have the installation done by them (which I guess they'd outsource anyway).

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
When I picked up my ML-I in March, Lowdhams had connected a bottle of gas to the system and were able to demonstrate fully all appliances using their gas bottle. They then disconnected it, and I went upstairs to the accessory dept and signed up for the gas and put my own bottle on it.

We later had 11kg Gaslow installed at Peterborough for considerably less than the dealer was asking to have the installation done by them (which I guess they'd outsource anyway).
Yes I signed for a bottle too but it was fitted and shown to be working.

OP
OP
GWAYGWAY

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years

Same situation I feel, what did they charge you for it same model probably same specs. I have a bundle of UK dealers best prices and also the horrendousely lower one from my nearest Dealer in Belgium But LHD only,,£12000 cheaper than the full whack UK dealers want at the start of haggling. How are you getting on with millie?
It is the one I desire most, for setup inside and storage with the Automatic box on the Sprinter 163bhp engine.Most of the EXTRAs are 'frilly not needed' , but they ordered them like that for more profit.

Last edited:

MillieMoocher

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
40 years under canvas: Motorhome 2016 To 2020
We are getting on really well with Millie, thoroughly enjoying it. We too went for the 163 with auto, drives very well and certainly need to keep an eye on the speedo . Cruising at 60 seems like you're doing about 40....

The layout works very well for us and 2 large greyhounds, although cooking time is a bit tricky depending where the dogs are!

We did end up adding a load of kit as we ordered it for a build as opposed to buying from stock. In addition to the 163 an auto, as per most UK vans the dealer recommended we went for the full oven, and for us that was the right decision as the oven has been used about every other day. We had comfort pack added, ambient lighting, integrated sat nav and reversing camera, Avtex TV and associated aerial stuff, bathroom decking bits, infill for beds at back, alloy wheels, metallic paint, Thule wind out awning, extra leisure battery, spare wheel, wood trim on dash, enlarged roof light in living area, L shaped seating, electric step for cab door (a great add on), Cobra Cat 1 alarm, Cat 5 tracker and I think that's about it but there might be some bits I've forgotten about!

I'll send you a PM with price etc as I don't really want to discuss that on open forum..

My Dog Likes Fishing

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 16, 2012
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678
Exp
Hang on while I look at my watch
Mine was the same when I picked up my new Hymer on March 1st. They connected a gas bottle for the handover to show everything working and then disconnected it afterwards. I took my bottles out of my van I traded in. Gaslow fitted now.
Couldn't moan as I bought a demo model with all the toys on it for an unbelievable price. I have a little chuckle to myself when I see all the posts about importing vans and realise how lucky I was.

OP
OP
GWAYGWAY

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
We have exchanged contracts on the bungalow I was selling and the completion in 7 days for the cash to the bank.
Going up on Sunday to the northern parts to negotiate the price and conditions, with them. Put the deposit down and collect soon after to pay the balance off. I hope the chain does not fall to bits at the very end leaving me with only a deposit. The estate agent say he has never had a sale go wrong after the exchange so should be OK or should I wait until the filthy Lucre is in my account BEFORE putting the deposit down? I will be taking my gas with me in the car in case Of actually getting it and getting them to put it in the van for safe keeping.
I/we will probably go up by coach to collect it but hey say it will be weeks after buying before it will be ready but I cannot see that as the registration number is on a block with them now and the other formalities do not take that long. Workshops need to do very little other than a check over and clean up. We will see but I/We are getting jittery now. but never know I might try it and hate it. depends on the test drive. Why are train fare so bloody much money for a single to the northern parts from here?????

OP
OP
GWAYGWAY

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
'kin 'ell I have tried the train prices and to get there at a reasonable time it is £248 single. Bus is £40 but takes 10 hours and arrives at god know what time. Would need a hotel room for the next day to the dealer. To go to Belgium takes 2 hours plus ferry and cost a lot less than that. What is the matter with this country that WE all get ripped off all the time for almost everything

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
'kin 'ell I have tried the train prices and to get there at a reasonable time it is £248 single. Bus is £40 but takes 10 hours and arrives at god know what time. Would need a hotel room for the next day to the dealer. To go to Belgium takes 2 hours plus ferry and cost a lot less than that. What is the matter with this country that WE all get ripped off all the time for almost everything
That is why I buy my Hymers in Belgium.:LOL:

OP
OP
GWAYGWAY

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
No good, I will have to drive up and Wifey drive the car back I bring the Van, pity it isn't set up for an A frame would have been perfect then. I just do not believe those train prices. We were really looking to drive home in a new van stopping off a the Rutland Water site for an overnight. At least everything can /might go in the car so solves that problem then.

OP
OP
GWAYGWAY

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Getting REALLY twitchy now, as I have booked a room for Sunday night we will go to the dealers and make up our minds if they play ball and drop enough to what I am prepared to pay, A long way to drive and I know why I have/had/want another motorhome the trip up to Yorkshire would cost a bomb by public transport for the two of us and a room for £50 on top. With the van we go we stop do what we want to and go on somewhere else if we want all for the cost of diesel fuel really and more we do it the lower the fixed costs come down.
We would never have seen the places in the UK that we have without the old van(RIP with a nice new owner) Hopefully our new one will last me out the rest of my days or until they stick me in a chair dribbling and sell it to pay.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back