Do I take my driveaway awning with me this year? (1 Viewer)

Jan 2, 2017
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starspirit
Exp
7 years
We have a Vango Attar awning and I've used it a few times. It's a lot of work putting up on my own as Sue is in a wheel chair. How many other funsters take their awnings, or have you got a better idea, help please.

Nov 26, 2014
Never on the wrong road ......
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2014, before that 20 years of boating & caravanning
Last edited:
Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
Depends on how you motorhome.
If you stay on sites most of the time then, yes they are worth the effort putting up as you inevitably spread out and a lot of stuff needs protecting from the elements or put away in the van when not in use.
If you use Aires or wildcamp then you can't take anything out of your van in any case.

A couple on the pitch next to us have been here a couple of days and decided they want to stay a bit longer so have just brought out a Quest pop-up and it literally took him two minutes to put up, including pegging it down.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
We bought a drive away awning last year and use it only on our Autumn trip.

In the spring we tend to tour more and are not quite so fixed where we stay.

The sites we use in the Autumn have lots of pitches large enough for the awning and we tend to stay longer at each place so it gets lots of use.

We have thought of using lily pads products. They are lighter to travel with and judging by people we have met appear to work well. The only minus for me is leaving the awning out all the time.

http://www.windblockers.net

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
We have used our Kampa air pro this winter as we tend to stay on a site for around four weeks at a time as we go outbirding and tow the car as well so we don’t need the van to run around in.
It’s worked well for us as we have two mutts who get a bit mucky and we have room for them out of the van.(y)(y)(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back