Do I really a need satellite TV on my roof? (1 Viewer)

Apr 14, 2008
Cromer norfolk
Funster No
MH
Bailey approach 745
Exp
since 2002
Oh dear! some one has a hissy fit hasn't one!

Joining in 2008 I expect you don't need to be reminded, you "attack" the post, not the Poster who posted post.

Signed Condescending xxxxard :lips::moon2:
:reel:For comments :lips:

Last edited:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I've seen people leave a perfect green pitch to park in a dusty car park, next to a noisy toilet block just so trees won't block Albert Square beaming down into their van. I'm with Rangitira on this one. I feel sorry for anyone so addicted to such crap TV :D

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
I've seen people leave a perfect green pitch to park in a dusty car park, next to a noisy toilet block just so trees won't block Albert Square beaming down into their van. I'm with Rangitira on this one. I feel sorry for anyone so addicted to such crap TV :D
We all watch telly at some point and all like different things. For instance I'd rather have my eyes poked out rather than be made to watch rugby.

But I have no problem with other folk watching it. It's freedom of choice. Folk can watch what they like and shouldn't be derided for it.

Right, time for a dip in our pool :)

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Folk can watch what they like and shouldn't be derided for it.

Your not going to the pool at all..we all know you're watching "Peter Andre - My Life" enjoy.. :D

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
But I have no problem with other folk watching it. It's freedom of choice. Folk can watch what they like and shouldn't be derided for it.

reading some of the posts I was starting to think it was a Forum rule, or even worse, a cardinal sin... Watch out for the TV Police :Eeek:

I can't stand watching sport of any kind.. but don't deride those who do.. and there is plenty to watch..
Rarely do you turn on the box to watch the BBC news and it's bleeding' sport being shown or talked about.

also paying a licence fee to pay for an overpaid sport presenter like Lineker on ÂŁ1.7 million.

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
20180313_141918.jpg
Your not going to the pool at all..we all know you're watching "Peter Andre - My Life" enjoy.. :D
LOL.

It wasn't too far to walk from the patio chairs..

Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
What on earth would any sensible person, with an IQ above that of a Mollusc want to watch the crap that is fraudently offered as "entertainment" on the idiot box?
Go for a walk, admire the scenery, read a book, make new friends, talk to the light of your life, gaze in wonder at the night Stars mother natures Disco.

Sorry rang,, me old son! Lol. I live, travel, alone and the tv is good company, background noise for me,,, films, docs anything but soaps!! And Netflix has saved my sanity on more than one occasion! Lol

OP
OP
sallylillian

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
@sallylillian, I didn't even see your thread about getting a Morelo, beautiful van, when are you taking delivery?
That's probably because I have not done a thread yet.:sneaky: However it is due December18 or January19 (y), I will get a heads up at the end of the month when I go to the factory to sort out loads of stuff, if not before. I will put something together on what it is over the next few days.
Michael

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
In answer to the thread title, you don't really need a satellite TV on your roof. You need a satellite dish on the roof and the TV inside the habitation area, preferably with a connection between them.

Unless you plan to sit on the roof of course.

OP
OP
sallylillian

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
In answer to the thread title, you don't really need a satellite TV on your roof. You need a satellite dish on the roof and the TV inside the habitation area, preferably with a connection between them.

A bit pointless, however, if you read the post, I currently have both satellite TV and Internet on the roof, I discerned, as I stated in the post, that I did not need the internet element, and was now debating whether I needed the satellite TV either, hence the way I worded the title, frankly I did not give it much thought so my apologies if it confused you, fortunately others understood.

Lot lover

Free Member
May 13, 2016
Lot, France
Funster No
MH
Le Voyageur Integral
Exp
New boy
No-one NEEDS satellite tv, whether it is on the roof, driver's seat or wherever Royle wishes to put it.

Perhaps if more Brits did not WANT it the English language might have suffered less transatlantic corruption.

ABZSteve

Free Member
Banned
Jan 8, 2014
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
2018, Apache 634 150 Auto
Exp
Since 2015
No-one NEEDS satellite tv, whether it is on the roof, driver's seat or wherever Royle wishes to put it.

Perhaps if more Brits did not WANT it the English language might have suffered less transatlantic corruption.
:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

ABZSteve

Free Member
Banned
Jan 8, 2014
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
2018, Apache 634 150 Auto
Exp
Since 2015

Some RVs have a large TV outside so I guess if you wanted it on the roof you could, but obviously, not the intent of the OP.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back