Do Burstner Lyseo motorhomes have damp issues? (1 Viewer)

OnTheMove2

Free Member
May 22, 2021
Funster No
MH
Imala
Looking to buy Lyseo 590, new. Inspection around the underfloor shoe/beer storage compartment in habitation area reveals use of some type of wood composite flooring to floor surface. Five or six years ago had a new Bailey. Damp check at first service revealed significant problems in floor, which led to removal of kitchen and renewal of floor. Sold it immediately after. Don't want to go there again. Anyone experienced damp issues with a recent Burstner?

OP
OP
OnTheMove2

OnTheMove2

Free Member
May 22, 2021
Funster No
MH
Imala
No Paul, this was an eyeball check. And really I should have said it looked like chipboard in cross section.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Not familiar with the model but have read on Burstner forums of floor issues (delamination) on some vans, the bonding between the layers comes detached. Something to do with a glue that was used at a certain time. So maybe do a bit more research prior to spending any cash. 👍

Last edited:
OP
OP
OnTheMove2

OnTheMove2

Free Member
May 22, 2021
Funster No
MH
Imala
Thanks, I'll dig a little more. The salesman didn't dispute my observation that they had wood in the floor, but simply said they had never had any problems.....

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Says on specs composite insulated floor with GRP coating so should be watertight😊

Jun 30, 2012
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 728G
Exp
March 16
We've got a 2018 Lyseo 728g.....no damp issues so far & hopefully not getting any, overall good build quality..... very happy with the van

Jan 21, 2020
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
I have an Ixeo 2016, just found out the bonding on rear floor and back has failed, currently looking at £7,000 plus in repairs!!!!!!! :mad::oops:

May 12, 2018
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
Since 2017
Depending on the year of manufacture {2015:2016] there were problems with floor bonding problems due to the use of an 'eco' friendly glue as Robster100 has already pointed out. I have the same problem with a 2016 Nexxo Time, still waiting for Burstner to act. To prevent further distortion of the floor covering, I paid the local Hymer dealer to repair it, but in the warm weather the problem has returned; damage already done.

Worth mentioning that Brault Loisiers, the Hymer Agent in question, gave me a full refund for the work they carried out.

If the vehicle is a new build you should not experience any problem as they have sorted the floor problem out. If S/hand of late 2014 /early 2017, from a Private/non - Burstner dealer I would make sure you cover yourself with an extra Warranty, at their cost!

It could well be 'Luck of the Draw' as otherwise I rate Burstner one of the better manufacturers.

Robert

Nov 15, 2017
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail V-Line
Exp
Since 2009
Burstner are repairing the floor where it has failed FOC. Ours was spotted last September reported to the original dealer and have just had the repair done by them. They had a waiting list which wasn't helped by the recent lockdown. Ours us a 2016 Nexxo.

Jan 21, 2020
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
Hi

did you have to speak to them directly?

I don’t suppose you can give me any additional information or contact details please?

Robin

Nov 15, 2017
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail V-Line
Exp
Since 2009
I heard on here that CamperUK(Lincoln) were tasked to do the repairs. I called them and they said I should contact my dealer in the first place. I called them(Heart of England Motorhomes). They were very good. Had to take the van to them for photographs which they sent to Burstner and got the repair authorised.

Burstner have trained many dealers to do the repairs and some vans have been sent to the factory. If you know which Burstner dealer supplied your van I'd give them a call and they should deal with it for you, either themselves, another dealer or back to the factory.

It may take a while but I was told I could use it in the meantime. Let me know how you get on.

Jan 21, 2020
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
Hmmm

I was not the original purchaser.

But I did call the company who originally sold it and was told the Burstner would not be interested in doing the repair but I could try sending them a message from heir website, not the most helpful of responses!

Camper Lincoln is 4 hours from me but I will cll them and see if they can advise!

Many thanks.

Robin

Jan 21, 2020
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
Ummm, dont suppose you could give me the name of someone specific to talk to?

Jan 21, 2020
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
I have just spoken with Steph at Lincoln Camper, they said most of the issues are in the kitchen area, not the garage at the rear of the van.

Can I ask where your problem was?

Robin

emo

Free Member
Oct 28, 2015
Funster No
MH
Bursner lyseo
Exp
Since2015
Hi All
Not to sure if I am doing this right.
But I am full of praise for Camper UK.Just got our motorhome back for have the floor replaced.
What a brilliant job they have done.
A would like to give Rob and Rachel a special thanks.

May 12, 2018
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
Since 2017
Hi All
Not to sure if I am doing this right.
But I am full of praise for Camper UK.Just got our motorhome back for have the floor replaced.
What a brilliant job they have done.
A would like to give Rob and Rachel a special thanks.

Lucky you, I'm still waiting for BURSTNER to act; the problem was identified last September. When I had the Habitation Check carried out in June the Dealer showed me the new pictures and e - Mail they were again sending to Burstner. Not many Burstner vans sold in France, so I guess they are not that interested!

As a matter of interest how long did the job take and would it have been expensive to carry out?

Many Thanks

Robert

emo

Free Member
Oct 28, 2015
Funster No
MH
Bursner lyseo
Exp
Since2015
We was put on the waiting list last September.It was not damp.It’s the laminate vinyl that needed doing
Camper UK made a fantastic job of it.

emo

Free Member
Oct 28, 2015
Funster No
MH
Bursner lyseo
Exp
Since2015
Hi All
The problem is in the kitchen area.If you ring Camper UK up and as to speak to Rob he will sort you out.
Again what a brilliant team they have.

Dec 4, 2020
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 728G
Exp
Since 2012
We've got cracks that have appeared in the shower of our 3 month old Lyseo Harmony 728g and Burstner have rejected it under warranty! Not happy. The shower has been used 3 times!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back