DL online renewal (1 Viewer)

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
Anyone done this renewal successfully using the DVAL website? I don't get the benefit of Covid automatic extension as mine expires in January.

DVLA sent me a letter telling me to do this online. All you need is your current passport plus some information. OK, here goes, should be a breeze.

First fail was when my personal details were rejected. With a bit of trial and error I managed to get it to accept my personal details. At the passport page it said bluntly that my application was not successful. No explanation. It went on to say that my DL had expired. False, because the expiry date is not until January 2021. What an utter load of pants. :mad:

Sep 3, 2009
NW Surrey
Funster No
MH
LHD Hymer exsis-i
Doing a post 70 3 year renewal truly simple quick and efficient

ps They insist that you have to return the old licence cut in half, so I used the envelope they supplied for postal applications, and since I think having to return an expired licence is unnecessary bureaucracy I forgot to put a stamp on it
:LOL:

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Took me 5-10 minutes yesterday having got passport, NI details and photocard licence together. My licence would have expired today except for the 11 months extension but it wouldn't be acceptable overseas as a new licence showing the extended date is not being issued.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 7, 2007
Dundee
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 195
Exp
since 1975
Needing to renew my DL too, my doctor is not doing any medicals "due to covid" no one getting in for anything at
all !!
Read on here somewhere there is a firm that can arrange a medical at reasonable cost, can anyone point me in the right direction please ?

wanderer

Free Member
Apr 14, 2008
huntingdon
Funster No
MH
a class Arto
Exp
since 2008
Needing to renew my DL too, my doctor is not doing any medicals "due to covid" no one getting in for anything at
all !!
Read on here somewhere there is a firm that can arrange a medical at reasonable cost, can anyone point me in the right direction please ?
D4Drivers

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
... or "just-health" - though they have a central office in Burnley or somewhere similar, they actually do driver medicals all over the place, eg Coventry,

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
all !!
Anything in this thread?

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
I have D4Drivers booked for a weeks time. Really easy to book online £55. They say to take a 3/20 version of the D4, I had a 9/19 version arrive in the post from the DVLA 2 days ago so I am guessing they’re still valid.

OP
OP
SpeedyDux
Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
Update - I used the Post Office who were very helpful and provide a digital booth for taking the photo.

The counter clerk said that there are many like me whose applications via the DVLA website are unsuccessful.

Cost me £21.50 (the fee if you manage to do it online is only £14) plus expenses for travel and pay and display car park.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back