DIY service experience - Boxer 2010 (1 Viewer)

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
It's just a commercial vehicle with huge service intervals
Most owners service them to death unnecessarily for stamps in the book and I too don't trust garages
I bought my van with no intention of ever letting a garage touch it

Bobby22

Free Member
Dec 15, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido 680ff
Exp
since 2013
Recent service on my 2 year old ducato at a fiat dealer quoted £460...........my son-in-law got me the service for less than £100

Some people can get a book stamped......does it prove anything?

If i were going to buy a van i would use common sense to decide wether the van had been looked after or not.

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
And have you noticed that when you try to play it at it's own game and change from the original planned last screw the eventual last screw still plays up. Once upon a time we could get away with a set of AF spanners, flat and philips, long nose, side cutters and a large Glaswegian spanner. One reason Helen appeals as she was a girl when Noah had the boat but of course being female she has to be metric. :drink:
As in the links provided the screws are only Fubard because most mechanics don't understand the difference between a Philips screw head and a PZ screw head and when a long reach driver is needed they generally only have Philips in their tool sack where as the air filter screws are PZ2
However the screws are rubbish which is why I changed them so that a more manly 8mm socket can be used

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Bobby22

Free Member
Dec 15, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido 680ff
Exp
since 2013
DIY servicing is just the same as having No history. No service history must surely harm the value come sale or PX time.

My last trade in was a Nissan X-Trail it had full service history, the dealer never asked to see it before or after we agreed a deal on a new VW .

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
My last trade in was a Nissan X-Trail it had full service history, the dealer never asked to see it before or after we agreed a deal on a new VW .
One of the first question asked when trading on is does it have service history. Whether they actually check is another thing.

Sorry I'm not trying to be indifferent but most buyers of expensive vehicles want service history.
On an old car or a cheap car it doesent matter so much...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back