Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
@Jim

I took you up on your kind & generous offer for the trial subscription, and have just noticed that you have activated my account, for which I thank you kindly.

I would like to express my sadness at the death of the DIY-Motorhome Forum and my regret that some apparently egotistical and/or selfish members there have caused you to close it for reasons which I fully understand.
I had no idea all that unnecessary krap was going on in the background, and in your place, I would almost certainly have done the same or similar.
..... However, please note that your generous efforts for DIY-Motorhome WERE very much appreciated by many users, myself included.

Also, I was very sorry to read about your kids, and I offer my sincere wishes for their speedy recovery ... Family is more important than anything else in life !!

Many Thanks and Best Regards
Bob (aka Bobbejaan)
hellowelcome

oldpatchwork

Free Member
Jan 29, 2018
Basildon Essex
Funster No
MH
DIY Ex Police Spinter
Exp
Ex Tent Camper new to motor homes
thanks to Jim for a easy going site that was taken over by lots of big headed opinions I am very sorry to see it gone
Patrick

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
@Jim

I took you up on your kind & generous offer for the trial subscription, and have just noticed that you have activated my account, for which I thank you kindly.

I would like to express my sadness at the death of the DIY-Motorhome Forum and my regret that some apparently egotistical and/or selfish members there have caused you to close it for reasons which I fully understand.
I had no idea all that unnecessary krap was going on in the background, and in your place, I would almost certainly have done the same or similar.
..... However, please note that your generous efforts for DIY-Motorhome WERE very much appreciated by many users, myself included.

Also, I was very sorry to read about your kids, and I offer my sincere wishes for their speedy recovery ... Family is more important than anything else in life !!

Many Thanks and Best Regards
Bob (aka Bobbejaan)

thanks to Jim for a easy going site that was taken over by lots of big headed opinions I am very sorry to see it gone
Patrick

:welco:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Passenger 7

Free Member
Oct 28, 2018
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
since 1998
Another ex SBMCC member here, I joined DIY forum and was sad to see it close but wanted to thank Jim for his time and effort. I have also spent weeks trying to join a new forum called Motorhome Builder but it appears to not want any new members. Tried joining up two or three time and never get the confirmation E mail to any of my E mail addys. Tried the MHB CONTACT message thing for a few weeks but still no reply, so I guess either they dont want me or dont want anyone new, i can dig that :). So I'll try this venue it seems friendly enough :)
P7

OP
OP
Richard n Ann
Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Another ex SBMCC member here, I joined DIY forum and was sad to see it close but wanted to thank Jim for his time and effort. I have also spent weeks trying to join a new forum called Motorhome Builder but it appears to not want any new members. Tried joining up two or three time and never get the confirmation E mail to any of my E mail addys. Tried the MHB CONTACT message thing for a few weeks but still no reply, so I guess either they dont want me or dont want anyone new, i can dig that :). So I'll try this venue it seems friendly enough :)
P7
I think that one was set up by the wild camping forum owner when they were moaning on there about the closure of DIY. I tried to register too, months ago, never heard anything back. Probably because I don't pay subs to the WC forum. Stopped going on there now, they don't reply if you're not in the clique, even though I helped some of them. (n)

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
P7
Welcome to fun. There are a lot of self builder on here.. (me included)..

Deleted User
P7
I has the same problem. The owner of the forum is obviously not putting any effort into it. I only wanted to join out of interest but there are so many knowledgeable self builders on this forum so don't really need to join another one.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
P7
:welco:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I had an email from someone asking if I could recover it as they had some build information and photos they wanted to recover. I did that with the intention of deleting it once done. But life got in the way and I forgot to do it. Meanwhile I discovered a few people had found it open and started posting again and i didn't have the heart to disappoint them again so left it. I've since had a look around and found that those who had taken issue with me were now warmly ensconced elsewhere so I've decided to leave it open. It will stay open as long as people visit. (y)

BigStevie

Free Member
Feb 6, 2019
Funster No
MH
panel van
Exp
Since I was a lad
A big thanks to Jim for the diymotorhome forum, it was great fun and certainly worked as intended. It was sad to see it go, but fully understand Jim's situation. So, thanks again Jim, and now as the ice cap is once retreating north again I've got myself back in to motorhome mode and joined here!

Stevie

Sep 16, 2013
Horncastle, UK
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2006
A big thanks to Jim for the diymotorhome forum, it was great fun and certainly worked as intended. It was sad to see it go, but fully understand Jim's situation. So, thanks again Jim, and now as the ice cap is once retreating north again I've got myself back in to motorhome mode and joined here!

Stevie

It's back Stevie :)

Feb 10, 2013
plymouth
Funster No
MH
Sprinter
Exp
off and on 30 years
I'm just going for one window, i'm keeping the holes in the side to a minimum so I can adjust the layout if required as I'm sure i won't get it right first time.
Did you go for an offset swivel on the passenger side?
I'm pretty sure i'm going for the sports craft with swivel on passenger side.
just got to decide if i need the lowered seat base or not, I'm 6 foot and it may be a bit too much.
Hi , if you put 1 window in for the time being would fitting one after the insulation has been installed be very difficult?

BigStevie

Free Member
Feb 6, 2019
Funster No
MH
panel van
Exp
Since I was a lad
Deffo getting old and daft....

BigStevie

Free Member
Feb 6, 2019
Funster No
MH
panel van
Exp
Since I was a lad
So, now as a paid up member on here, does that mean I have a dark side as I also indulge with the bad boys on diymotorhome? Like having a fag behind the bike sheds at school....

Floydster

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 21, 2013
Where ever I lay my hat
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A lifetime
Hi , if you put 1 window in for the time being would fitting one after the insulation has been installed be very difficult?

would be possible to do, if a little fiddly though.
Just make sure to keep any wires out of an area where a window may go in the future.

Feb 10, 2013
plymouth
Funster No
MH
Sprinter
Exp
off and on 30 years
OK that's good , cheers.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun