Distracted by grandchild (1 Viewer)

Aug 9, 2008
Lanner - Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A Class RV
Exp
20 + Years
Please !! Please dont do what I did a couple of weeks ago, Putting the Toad on the back( with help of grandchild) before going off on a short break to Bournemouth, checked breakaway cable/Electrics/pumped the brake/connected bungy under seat to Brake pedal/checked gear stick in neutral, took keys out of ignition and locked up.::bigsmile:[ I used to have a SMARTY but now have a Toyota Yaris Verso.] Drove to the bottom of the hill and turned left approx 300 yards futher on came to roundabout and took 3rd exit BANG!! LOOKED IN REAR CAMERA TO SEE "A-FRAME" BENT DOWN TO FLOOR LEVEL ON ONE SIDE. Pulled over and then looked at front of car eeeeeeeek:cry::cry:
As you may have realised by now I HAD TAKEN THE KEYS OUT OF THE IGNITION AND LEFT THE STEERING LOCK ON. Modern cars do not like being pulled sideways against the wheels.

I now have a crumpled underneath bodywork,enough to push the bonnet up by 2 ins, luckily no components were damagaged; it could have been worse but I had reinforced the underneath towing framework with two 3mm angle iron bars back to the transmission subframe. The front flat 5mm bar connected to the 1 1/2" Diameter towing bar had bent down on the right hand side back to the fixing bolts.

So basicaly I now have no current Toad, so its taxi or hire car for a while.:Blush:

Have fun and please tell the Grandchildren to get in the RV before hitching up, its cheaper on the wallet.

BRIAN

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
Bad luck Brian - is it repairable ??

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 3, 2008
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
since 1998
Have you still got the grandkids? or have they been disposed with :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
laneside

Well just fancy , poor grandchild takes the blame.

We just hate admitting to senile dementure don't we.

Aks the Missus for an honest opinion, she will tell you its been creeping in for years

Alan

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back