Disneyland Paris in a motorhome [post-Covid] (1 Viewer)

Jun 9, 2010
Stroud, UK
Funster No
MH
Euramobil 810
Exp
Since 2014
Hi Folks

I'm hoping to book a trip over to Disneyland Paris in April 2022 so wanted to get a feel for how things are now and if anyone has any advice for that. I had a search for info on the forum but looks like it's all pre-Covid, so wanted to see if anyone has done this trip in the last year and has any advice.

I'm pretty comfortable with the travel side of things (I was in France 2 weeks ago) so have that all covered (for the current requirements).
I'm more interested in what the best way is of actually doing Disney in a motorhome these days? We tend to wild camp on most of our trips, so don't often stay in campsites.

Are there any special restrictions that would affect us that I need to be aware of? (e.g. no overnight parking at Disney)
If we chose to park overnight at Disney, do we need to book that in advance?

Appreciate any input or advice. :)

Thanks,

Nigel

Mar 28, 2017
Lichfield, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
You park with coaches and privilege parking but its a massive area no facilities and i think was about €40 .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Taken from the Disneyland Paris Website

No vehicule is allowed to be parked overnight on the Disney Parks' Car Park outside the opening hours of the Disney Parks or Disney Village.

Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005
Hi Folks

I'm hoping to book a trip over to Disneyland Paris in April 2022 so wanted to get a feel for how things are now and if anyone has any advice for that. I had a search for info on the forum but looks like it's all pre-Covid, so wanted to see if anyone has done this trip in the last year and has any advice.

I'm pretty comfortable with the travel side of things (I was in France 2 weeks ago) so have that all covered (for the current requirements).
I'm more interested in what the best way is of actually doing Disney in a motorhome these days? We tend to wild camp on most of our trips, so don't often stay in campsites.

Are there any special restrictions that would affect us that I need to be aware of? (e.g. no overnight parking at Disney)
If we chose to park overnight at Disney, do we need to book that in advance?

Appreciate any input or advice. :)

Thanks,

Nigel
We have done this a few times in the past. Lots of motorhomes park overnight in the area by the coach park. It is the only part of the carpark where it it allowed. If you stay for more than one day you need to buy a another ticket for every day you are there. I used to be an Annual pass holder and Motorhome parking only cost me 10 euros. I think the rate is around €45 per day and cars around €25. It was always worth buying an annual pass that had parking included just for the parking.

I not sure what the rules on entering the park at the moment are as spaces are limited due to Covid. Its probably worth joining one of the groups on Facebook for Disney land Paris as there are a good few motorhomers on there as well as others who can answer all your questions.

Sonja

Jun 10, 2020
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Advantage
Exp
Since 2008
Taken from the Disneyland Paris Website

No vehicule is allowed to be parked overnight on the Disney Parks' Car Park outside the opening hours of the Disney Parks or Disney Village.

I think the Disney page hasn't taken into account all the visitors who are staying in their hotels who arrived by car! Clearly they are not going to move their car each day and return at opening time. Pre-Covid I took a coach trip there, parked for several days in the coach park and there were various other vehicle, campers etc. all staying overnight.

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
I use a campsite in Maisons-Lafitte, the other side of Paris. You can get a train direct from there to Disneyland, I'm sure lots of people do. The campsite is on the bank of the Seine and we find it very pleasant, though not cheap.

Jan 22, 2017
Bristol
Funster No
MH
DAF LF Conversion
Exp
Since 2013
We went in August last year. The night before our booked day we camped by the side of the road (for free) where you go through the ticket booths, with quite a few other vans. Arrived around 1900hrs.

Then through the gates first thing in the morning and camped that night in the car park.

Feb 3, 2020
hartlepool
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
Hit the road in 2014
I used to stay on a campsite just twenty minutes down the road in a village called Touquine the site is called

Les Etangs Fleuris​

silverdub

Free Member
May 12, 2022
Funster No
MH
vw t6
Hi Andy cap we‘re off to France at the end of the month taking the grandchildren ,also staying at Les Etang Fleuris . We booked it on recommendation as it had a shuttle to Disney which we’ve now found it doesn’t. How did you travel between the site and the park? We don’t want to leave Disney early just to get back onto the site before it closes the barriers . Any advice welcome . ( Travelling from just outside Newcastle 👍)

Feb 3, 2020
hartlepool
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
Hit the road in 2014
Hi silverdub
We just went in car as it is just twenty minutes down the road. Its been a while since I went but if I remember rightly its just one long road with a few roundabouts. There is parking for MH but I don't know how much it is. I am sure their is a bus service from the village which is a ten to fifteen minute walk from the site but if you have had a long day at Disney you wont want to do the walk. Last time I went their was a family from Newcastle who used a taxi to get to Disney but I cant remember how much. Just to let you know you also have a big retail outlet next door to Disney Its called Val De Europe and twenty minutes the other way is a small town with historical re-enactments I think its called Provins, you also have a town called Coloumbier which has a good market to visit. The site was open late so as people could see the end of night fireworks at Disney. The couple who own the site are very helpful. The lady seems to look after all the organisation and speaks good English so I am sure if you contact her she will be able to advise on travel to Disney.

One thing be warned do not take a packed lunch to Disney as they will not let you in with it. when we went we had to leave it outside in the car or dump it in the bin. It might have changed now but they did not like you taking in your own food.

Sorry can't be more helpful but I am sure you will enjoy it as it is an ideal site to stay for visiting Disney. Have a safe journey and I hope you get the weather

silverdub

Free Member
May 12, 2022
Funster No
MH
vw t6
Thankyou very much that’s really useful . We had decided to drive the only question was whether or not we could get back on the site or just pay for overnight parking at Disney . It’s the first time taking the grandkids away so want to get it right 👍

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back