Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I got told by one of the staff just last week (the ones that check the parking permits) that overnight parking for motorhomes at Disney was going to cease as of this October! I insisted that she must be mistaken, but she was quite adamant. That said my French is terrible and her English was not that good. If this were true it would be a great loss as we use it all the time, even when not going to the park, its a great place to park for visiting Paris and is just a 3 hour hop from the boat.

Anyone else heard this.

R

RockieRV

Deleted User
Ok, what did you do to make them change their overnight policy??:roflmto::roflmto::roflmto:

gillr49

Free Member
Aug 8, 2007
Holbeach Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
:frowny::frowny::frowny:I heard (must have been on the web somewhere, but can't remember) the same information.:frowny:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Knaus680

Free Member
Sep 11, 2007
Home base is Newcastle, but currently full timing
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since Feb 2007
Knaus 680

Hi, 'fraid you heard right! We have just returned from Disney and have had quite a few discussions on this with staff. We were told that from Sept 3rd there was to be no more overnight camping / sleeping etc. This is apparently because the facilities were found to be sub-standard for 'camping' during a recent check by 'the French Authorities'. A lot of vans actually did stay after this deadline [including us] and the wardens made no attempt to move us on. However, when we popped back in on Saturday 8th, we found the toilets and showers locked, and were told on the gate that the permit was only valid up to midnight. Even for annual passes which include parking, they are now insisting that you go through the toll booths every day and receive an updated flyer for the windscreen. The price has been reduced from €20 to €13 per day, but cars still only pay €8. No information has been forthcoming as to whether the facilities are to be upgraded to welcome camping, or closed completely.

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
It will be a real shame to lose this facility. I cant imagine the French camping car clubs just letting it go without fight, It is very popular with Everyone but the French in particular so hopefully they will be writing to Disney. Come to think of it, I think I will write myself. :Sad:

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
You will still be able to take her there Jim:Smile:. There will still be day parking for even the largest RV, and there are a few sites nearby, its not the same as staying there though. You can have more wine with your meal!

To be honest I thing the French Camping Car owners will protest, you know what they are like::bigsmile:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
You will still be able to take her there Jim:Smile:. There will still be day parking for even the largest RV, and there are a few sites nearby, its not the same as staying there though. You can have more wine with your meal!

Yes indeed, I was thinking of spending a few days and seeing Paris.. but as you say there are other sites.. :Sad:

LittleKath00

Free Member
Sep 21, 2007
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
C Class RV
Exp
Since 2004
Disney Parking

Hi all.
Following all of your comments I have contacted Disney as we are due to go over during the October break and are booked in for two over night stays. I have this afternoon received an e-mail from their Special Needs Department stating that yes we are allowed to stay over night in their Guests car park. (No electric but toilet and shower facilities)
This could just be for Disabled Guests.
If in doubt do as we have done and e-mail them.

LittleKath, Keith and Farhan

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi all.
Following all of your comments I have contacted Disney as we are due to go over during the October break and are booked in for two over night stays. I have this afternoon received an e-mail from their Special Needs Department stating that yes we are allowed to stay over night in their Guests car park. (No electric but toilet and shower facilities)
This could just be for Disabled Guests.
If in doubt do as we have done and e-mail them.

LittleKath, Keith and Farhan

Hi LittleKath & co,

I have emailed the general office but they have not been so quick to respond:Cool:

LittleKath00

Free Member
Sep 21, 2007
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
C Class RV
Exp
Since 2004
Disney

Hi Jim Jam.
I e-mailed them this morning and got a quick reply.
The adress that I used is DLP.CRO.SPECIAL.NEEDS@disney.com.

Below is the reply I got.

Dear Miss Holmes,

I can confirm that you can spend the night at the guest parking. The prices changed: 13€ each day and if you stay the night, you will pay for that the morning after.

Kind regards

Sabrina, Marie, Marie-line
"Special Needs" Department
DISNEYLAND RESORT PARIS

M

mikey72

Deleted User
Hi,
it's definitely closed to motorcaravans..
I started a thread on a french forum,
http://forum.campingcar-infos.com/viewtopic.php?t=22259
and it's reported back, officially closed, but they did stop two nights having been told that.
However more reports are now in http://forum.campingcar-infos.com/viewtopic.php?t=22428
and
http://forum.campingcar-infos.com/viewtopic.php?t=22445
it is closed, no more overnight stops to be allowed, but the forum will be fighting the decision and reporting back.

Mike

V

vicdicdoc

Deleted User
If Disney site is closing ,why not try the 'Camping International' site on the outskirts west of Paris at Maison-Laffiette . . 20 minutes by direct train from the local station gets you into the centre of Paris . . mind you the access to the site is along a fairly narrow street with cars parked along one side so I'm not saying its going to be easy access for bigger RV's.
With the ACSI card its 14 euro per night inc hook-up . .twice that if you don't have the card !

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Its been mentioned a few times on different forums. Just drive in toward the main car parks, keep in the left lane for the pay booth and then follow the little camping car signs to the MH Park.. You are then just a short walk and a moving walkway from Mickey:Smile:

R

RockieRV

Deleted User
Does anyone know if there is any restriction as to how long you can stay?

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
Parking at Disneyland Paris

We have just returned from a trip to Disney. We stayed for 5 days and by buying a yearly passport parking was free with no restrictions on length of stay. When we paid our initial parking fee of 13 euros we were handed a sheet showing us where to park and advising us of the facilities we could use ie water waste etc.
There must have been up to 200 motorhomes parked each night and for those who had paid for just one day had a note put on the next afternoon asking for a further 13euros.Despite being peak season the toilet block & showers were in good condition.We had a wonderful time and are planning a return over Christmas.

Hilary

hereford bull

Free Member
Jan 18, 2008
HEREFORD
Funster No
MH
A CLASS
Exp
6 YRS
just come back from spain stayed in the mouses car park for two nights 13euros per night .last year it was 20 but they check your pass every day now so you cant blag it anymore caught the train into paris 25 euros return 50 mins duration .met a couple with kids staying for 2 weeks. beer 4-8o small 6.40 large

johna

Free Member
Sep 8, 2008
Funster No
Disney Visit

Woops,
Last wk in October I was there, not November, that has not happened yet, funny how time flys by. sorry for the error, it's my age. Johna

johna

Free Member
Sep 8, 2008
Funster No
Disney Car Park

Hi ,It was certainly still open during the last wk in October, We stayed there for 2 nights, 27th & 28th, had a great time, really amazed at the no of Motorhomes there, what must it be like in the summer? Johna

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back