Disgusting habits of some motorhomers - I sometimes despair!! (1 Viewer)

Louis

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 29, 2016
Anglesey
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auotrail
Exp
6 Months with motorhome(35 years tugging)
Ban overnight motorhome parking on black rock sands by all means, my point is - how will that ban persuade motorhomers to pay for pitches on those sites for the said owners to benefit? Motorhomers parked there because it’s free-then abused the cleanliness!

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Ban overnight motorhome parking on black rock sands by all means, my point is - how will that ban persuade motorhomers to pay for pitches on those sites for the said owners to benefit? Motorhomers parked there because it’s free-then abused the cleanliness!
Allegedly

Louis

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 29, 2016
Anglesey
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auotrail
Exp
Allegedly
I’m only quoting what’s been posted!
And also attempting to understand how it’s possible to force motorhomers to pay for parking on sites thus benefiting two Councillors who have sites 6 miles away, THAT is all, it’s still not explained :(

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I’m only quoting what’s been posted!
And also attempting to understand how it’s possible to force motorhomers to pay for parking on sites thus benefiting two Councillors who have sites 6 miles away, THAT is all, it’s still not explained :(
I think it's safe to say if no motorhomes are allowed to camp on the beach but they wish to visit the beach that a good portion of them will then stay on the sites.

I'm guessing that's the point trying to be made.

Louis

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 29, 2016
Anglesey
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auotrail
Exp
I think it's safe to say if no motorhomes are allowed to camp on the beach but they wish to visit the beach that a good portion of them will then stay on the sites.

I'm guessing that's the point trying to be made.
Point , only those that are prepared to pay- others will still park anywhere, and the odd one will “allegedly” spoil it for others

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Point , only those that are prepared to pay- others will still park anywhere, and the odd one will “allegedly” spoil it for others
You asked why banning motorhomes from the beach would benefit the sites and I answered that.

The ones that don't is a different matter..the point is that some will.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child

no ,if you have to pay then move on there will be a free place not far away.

Louis

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 29, 2016
Anglesey
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auotrail
Exp
no ,if you have to pay then move on there will be a free place not far away.
Exactly, so the sites would not benefit “that is the point I’m trying to make”! :whew:

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Exactly, so the sites would not benefit “that is the point I’m trying to make”! :whew:
Only if @vwalan owns all the motorhomes parking on the beach.
They park there just now because they can , if it was completely banned some would go elsewhere but some would use the sites nearby.

I'd move elsewhere like @vwalan but those who use sites and wildcamp would likely just use the sites.

Let's face it the way things are going ...all motorhome parking out with sites will be banned , the sites will then cash in and raise prices , there won't be any more because apparently there's no space in the UK . So getting on a site will become more expensive and people will go back to caravans so they can get about off site and your motorhome will become worthless :D

Think I'll sell mine now and beat the rush

Louis

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 29, 2016
Anglesey
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auotrail
Exp
They park there just now because they can , if it was completely banned some would go elsewhere but some would use the sites nearby.

I'd move elsewhere like @vwalan but those who use sites and wildcamp would likely just use the sites.

Let's face it the way things are going ...all motorhome parking out with sites will be banned , the sites will then cash in and raise prices , there won't be any more because apparently there's no space in the UK . So getting on a site will become more expensive and people will go back to caravans so they can get about off site and your motorhome will become worthless :D

Nah , let’s move to France (y)

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
Very simple.......my moho cost a fortune, I am not parking it in some shitty back road in Wales for kids to bounce balls off and myopic drivers to dent, I would have to use the sites.

Louis

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 29, 2016
Anglesey
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auotrail
Exp
Very simple.......my moho cost a fortune, I am not parking it in some shitty back road in Wales for kids to bounce balls off and myopic drivers to dent, I would have to use the sites.
You don’t wild camp in wales you prefer campsites, so how does banning motorhomers off a beach persuade you to do something you already do ?(n)

Aug 7, 2007
Dundee
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 195
Exp
since 1975
Go around the NC500 in Scotland there is umpteen places where coaches and cars ect full of tourists where there is little or no facilities!
Folk have been caught short and while is it easy for men to relieve themselves it’s not so easy for the ladies.
If you have to go then you must whether it’s behind a bush or a wall you go.
Council and business’s are happy with the trade but are not willing too provide any services! and locals are fed up with disruption to dail life.
with idiots parking in and across access to their homes, parking in passing places too, the list goes on.

Ducto

Free Member
May 19, 2018
M Devon
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Campervan since 2003
I agree, but, this supposedly motorhomer who committed the act would possibly be difficult to persuade to pay the extortionate pitch fees in that area, more likely they’d find another spot to eject their waste :unsure:

Trouble is disenchanted people will empty their rubbish onto a main road in town just for spite.

Louis

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 29, 2016
Anglesey
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auotrail
Exp
Trouble is disenchanted people will empty their rubbish onto a main road in town just for spite.
I’m afraid you are absolutely spot on

Bobby22

Free Member
Dec 15, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido 680ff
Exp
since 2013
No, No, No Funsters will run temporary holiday sites all over the country and the sites will have to change for us to use them. (y)

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
You don’t wild camp in wales you prefer campsites, so how does banning motorhomers off a beach persuade you to do something you already do ?(n)
I do a mixture of wild camping and Aires and sites......I have spent nearly 6 months in total wild camping in Scandinavia.....including wild camping in the Finnish wilderness (One of the last two official wildernesses in Europe) so I hope that should qualify for some kind of wild camping badge ;)

I make a decision of where to stay at each place on its merits, we have done about 50/50 here in Ireland. Usually though with very few exceptions I do campsites in cities. A good judgement even here in Cork, given the large number of rough sleeping migrants and scag heads inhabiting the city centre.

So I have camped here in Ireland on Inch beach, the Dingle penninsular and another beach site (A designated free car park) and would do so in Wales, but also would not infringe the law by doing so and would play it by ear elsewhere :)

Last edited:

Louis

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 29, 2016
Anglesey
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auotrail
Exp
I do a mixture of wild camping and Aires and sites......I have spent nearly 6 months in total wild camping in Scandinavia.....including wild camping in the Finnish wilderness (One of the last two official wildernesses in Europe) so I hope that should qualify for some kind of wild camping badge ;)

I make a decision of where to stay at each place on its merits, we have done about 50/50 here in Ireland. Usually though with very few exceptions I do campsites in cities. A good judgement even here in Cork, given the large number of rough sleeping migrants and scag heads inhabiting the city centre.

So I have camped here in Ireland on Inch beach, the Dingle penninsular and another beach site (A designated free car park) and would do so in Wales, but also would not infringe the law by doing so and would play it by ear elsewhere :)
Are those anywhere near Black Rock Sands?
Anyhow your answers do not reflect on what the thread is about! Your having a ho at me now, so I won’t bother replying again

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
Are those anywhere near Black Rock Sands?
Anyhow your answers do not reflect on what the thread is about! Your having a ho at me now, so I won’t bother replying again
Not having an anything at you :(

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Few years ago now caught a Dutchman emptying his cassette behind a hedge at the Kynance Cove Car park.

When I gave him a blast he shrugged, "No speak England"

In my 78 years on this rock in space I have never met a Dutchie that doesn't "speak England" and can honestly say they ALL speak better "England" then I ever will!
I reported his rego to the council, got a nice letter saying "it wasn't their problem as it was National Trust land!"

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
Few years ago now caught a Dutchman emptying his cassette behind a hedge at the Kynance Cove Car park.

When I gave him a blast he shrugged, "No speak England"

In my 78 years on this rock in space I have never met a Dutchie that doesn't "speak England" and can honestly say they ALL speak better "England" then I ever will!
I reported his rego to the council, got a nice letter saying "it wasn't their problem as it was National Trust land!"
I like the Dutch......they are like a free camping sniffer dog(y)

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004

Your final paragraph is not necessarily so, many motorhomers use sites and public transport, and some like us park motorhome on secure site pitch and explore in towed car or m cycles etc.
Motorhome is then still available for continental touring with cycles/ scooters etc on racks //trailers.
For most motorhomers a caravan is a no no, I’ve been there and won’t go back.

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
People that do things like emptying a cassette on a beach has no respect for anything or anybody. Likely not even themselves.

You will never be able to educate them.

Pork...... You can eat it but you can’t educate it.

ctc

Oct 12, 2015
Crowle
Funster No
MH
Hymer b680
Exp
New
Just go to France, lot's of lovely Aires, most free.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back