Discover Leisure - warning (1 Viewer)

S

skillyb

Deleted User
Just ordered a mains unit form Discover leisure- via online store. When it arrived, box had been opened, the safety cover was missing and item had clearly been used. So the goods had been despatched in a dangerous and unsaleable condition. This was sold as a new item on the website. So far I have not had the promised replacement. I will not be ordering from this co in future and it seems from the attached link that they are in financial trouble :Angry:

FT.com / Companies / Travel & Leisure - Discover Leisure takes CVA route

savantuk

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Cumbria, Lake district UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
30 years.
The Discover Leisure site in Cumbria (Barrons, Low Hesket) closed a couple of weeks ago with no warning, and all the staff were laid off!

It's a real pain, because they were the only place within 60 miles that will service/habitation check a motor caravan:Angry:

W

wmpswmps

Deleted User
Discover Leisure

I've been using Discover for my outdoor gear for quite a while now and I'm still yet to have any difficulties, I'm sure your problem was a one off or more probable it could be a delivery issue rather than discover themselves.

Many of the stores are closing down, with the main stores (York etc) remaining open, this will probably mean that the online part of the company will be up and running for a long time as it has no large fixed costs unlike a shop built with bricks and mortar.

I'm sure we'll still be able to buy our Camping equipment

Mike J - Hull

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited by a moderator:

walnut

Free Member
Dec 7, 2008
Wigan
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E495
Exp
I give them 6 month tops, the words arse and elbow spring to mind.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back