Discount on Rapido Motorhomes (1 Viewer)

NRM

Oct 16, 2018
Wales
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8096DF
Exp
Looking to buy a brand new Rapido.
What experience do people have of discounts available and or freebies to ask for?
Also interested in good and bad experiences with the different Rapido dealers.
Thanks

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
:welcomesign:Bit of reading might help you here = <Broken link removed>

Lanerboy

Free Member
Aug 3, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Carthago 4.9 superior
Welcome
I bought a brand new rapido from a very bad dealer near newark with my showroom blinkers on, nice van great build quality BUT very bad payload which i new nothing about before joining this group. Sold it after 18 months and bought a carthago with a HUGE payload

Jan 27, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido & Bongone
There arnt too many rapido dealers to choose from.
Somerset,Cheshire, Nottingham, Wokingham, Great yarmouth. Ni, scotland and a new one in Portsmouth. Where do you live? I wanted a specific model (new 604) viewed in cheshire good deal but looked in need of attention. Went to Newark 6 advertised on website none physicaly there. Late 2017 Phoned emailed Wokingham several times trying to order a prebuild, would be late 2019. (As an aside model i wanted not on 2019 list).so off to great yarmouth 2 2017 and one 2018 (wrong colour way) so with all the games waited and bought a 2017 and waited to march18 to pick it up. Simpsons have been a good dealership sorting stuff out and been helpfull and flexible with visit timings due to distance travelled and sending parts for me to fit. The price was a reasonable deal. But at least i didnt get a price that would preclude good service
Sorry for the length hope its usefull.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
As with any vehicle there will be some wiggle room but with motorhomes, dealers are more likely to give you 'savings' with any extras rather than cutting the price dramatically. So if new, they would rather 'throw in' an extra hab battery, solar panels, radio upgrades, tv points, electrical sockets, awnings, inbuilt gas bottles, bbq point, sat dish, alarm, tracker, discounted future servicing etc to get the deal. Some of these things are relatively easy to do yourself but that depends on your budget, skill and time. With 2nd hand, the same with refurbished toilet and other items.
Knowing what features you want or don't want or are missing in your van is key and only comes through experience or advice gained on here along with how and where you intend using the van.

Dec 2, 2019
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065+
Exp
Broken most bits now
My Rapido is getting on a bit but the best extra that was originally specified (two owners ago) was the 4250kg Maxi chassis. The van weighs in at a portly 3700kg with basic extras (2 bikes, satellite, twin leisure batteries & clothes). The standard model is only 3500kg so no wiggle room for any extra socks let alone solar and other fun stuff.

May 7, 2011
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Kontiki 669
Exp
Since 2010
Welcome
I bought a brand new rapido from a very bad dealer near newark with my showroom blinkers on, nice van great build quality BUT very bad payload which i new nothing about before joining this group. Sold it after 18 months and bought a carthago with a HUGE payload

Is it not possible to upgrade the payload?

Oct 29, 2012
essex
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9090df
Exp
20 years (unless you count my dads VW which makes it 52 years with a few gaps!!)
Is it not possible to upgrade the payload?
only so far, depends on the chassis. loads of posts on here about it. (and welcome)

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
If your buying a new one have your dealer to pay for the first year road tax at least now that there is a huge price hike for new vans on the tax

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back