Discount expected on RRP new M/H (1 Viewer)

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
I fully appreciate that you can buy cheaper in Germany, we travelled to Bad Waldsee in July, Carthagos for sale on almost ever corner - literally !
You are forgetting that some folk want a uk spec, rhd van with local dealer support. £9k premium doesn't sound that unreasonable.
I also suspect than many (most?) buyers don't have the funds for an outright purchase, financing through the UK dealer is the only option...
That's an interesting point you make about finance
@Judgemental - Do European dealers offer finance to UK citizens?
Or do the only offer deals for cash?

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...

Not a clue to be honest but surely you would borrow money here if need be. And not from a dealer, credit company surely. As a bank normally cheaper? As for borrowing on a depreciating asset a bit bonkers IMO.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
You are better off getting financing as a standard personal loan, such as through a bank or building society, rather than the ones levied against the vehicle ... one BIG reason for this is that when you come to sell the vehicle in the future a loan against it has to be paid off, but a personal loan not secured on it can still be left running - much cheaper that way.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back