Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Greetings,

A couple of weeks ago we were delighted to receive news that we had won a prize of tickets to the Show at Newbury which included pitch fees and entertainment tickets.

We were really looking forward to the event as it would have given us the opportunity to attend our first Funsters rally.

On 30th April Mary went into Hospital for a pre planned operation that was cancelled/postponed on the actual day.:Doh:

This morning we received a call to ask if she could attend next Weds. for the operation. Although disappointed that it would mean we couldn't attend Newbury I persuaded her that her health was more important. I rang Warners, publishers of MMM and the giver of the prize. I asked them if, under the circumstances, they would transfer the prize to another of the shows they organise.
I have just received their response which is, basically, go whistle. They wouldn't even entertain me transferring the tickets for an admin fee.

Talk about a bummer.:Sad:

Last edited:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I am surprised as they are usually very good when there are special circumstances ... perhaps dropping them an email would be better.

PAGR

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 3, 2013
Camberley
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Arapaho
We won tickets and entertainment for Peterborough but had already booked. A couple of emails later and the very accommodating lady at Warners allowed us to pick another show of our choice.
Only in the general area though.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back