Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
If it's the most common type of level sensor it comprises 5 rods: one is common & reaches to the bottom; the others are cut to lengths corresponding to the markings on the gauge (approximately :)). So as soon as the gauge reads 3/4 the tank level is anywhere between "not quite full" and 3/4 full. When the gauge reads 1/2 full the level can be anywhere between just under 3/4 full and only just 1/2 full. For instance on a 200L tank "1/2 full" means there is between 100L and 150L remaining even if the rods are the correct length and therefore the gauge is accurate. "Empty" would mean you have between 0L and 50L remaining.
We have the same sensors in our tank too. If I brim the tank it shows 100%. If I then fill the kettle, it shows 75%, so the shortest rod only just reaches the water when it’s full.
As a bonus though, our water tank is translucent white so I can see the level of the water just by opening the locker door

OP
OP
Offagain
Nov 13, 2017
Pembrokeshire, Greece and everywhere in between
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 750
You need to heed this advice:

For the reasons explained above you may end up in a situation where you have plenty water onboard but are unable to get any out of the taps.

Ian
Thank you but the lid of the tank has a small breather hole with a short, thin clear pipe attached so blocking the overflow pipe won't cause a problem

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
My first water tank had a display that showed the water level as a % of full. It seemed pretty accurate, too.
It dropped in 10% increments until less than 10% was considered to be in the tank, after which it dropped in 1% increments until empty. That's what I call a useful gauge. (Euromobil).

Jan 8, 2014
Emsworth
Funster No
MH
Bailey 740
Exp
Definitely siphoning from the overflow. I have a 740 and my pipe is 3/4 of the way down the tank. The pipe is now bunged as I always fill mine through the lid.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
@Offagain

You just need a few cans of this

dehydrated%20water.jpg

...then you'll never need to worry about how full your water tank is :D2.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back