Free Member
Feb 5, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
I'm a newbie
I like every body else spend a great deal of time washing and polishing my van. I love it when it is gleaming in the sunshine. I then take to the road and when I reach my destination the van looks like I never bothered to clean it. Then when I look around I see gleaming vans all around me.

The question is do you jump out and clean your van as soon as you arrive or are you using some secret product ? ;)

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
In my "Yoof",i found out Rust is the same colour clean or dirty..... I like to set off in a clean motor,but that is it,a mate of mine is out as soon as he is parked up and level, washing the front of his.
Takes all sorts to make a world and the cleanliness of a motor,is no guide to the people who may be travelling in it.(Book/Cover ?)
Tea Bag aka Stig of the Dump/Skip Rat etc

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 8, 2014
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Compactline 143
Exp
I'm a newbie and always will be. You never know it all.
"Books and Covers" may have nothing to do with why some people clean there mh on site.
I personally have no direct parking outside my home, can not run a hose pipe and the nearest parking is on a very busy road. My nearest (and cheapest) secure parking has no services at all and I don't want to use the local pressure washer or hand wash services.
So for me it makes perfect sense to do as much cleaning and polishing on site at my leisure.
Ohh, and it also stops me being given various other tasks by SHMBO:LOL:

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
With current road conditions, the van gets taken out for the weekend, we have a bit of a jolly, van gets returned to its home, and I get the hoses out. One hour later, it is white again, the fresh water is full the waste water is empty and the loo is primed and ready for the next excursion. Also I am finding with all the salt on the road, I am using about 2 litres of screen fluid on each trip just so I can see where I am going, so that get's topped up as well.
On our last trip out, the dog managed to get very muddy indeed, so the carpet had to be cleaned as well upon our return, but such is life!
I like the van to be ready at a moments notice, while we are in it, I really don't care too much what it looks like, as long as there is beer in the fridge.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
The question is do you jump out and clean your van as soon as you arrive or are you using some secret product ? ;)

My mate goes over it whilst on the journey. when he arrives here he will clean ,polish, vacuum , empty waste & fill water tanks . Then he'll polish it some more. then he'll want me to do mine.:LOL:

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
I must admit I do wash the front of moho when away, mostly to get rid of dead flies / insects that have committed hari kari. Also wife does the odd bit of sweeping out of grass mud etc , because having a dog it's unavoidable.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I like every body else spend a great deal of time washing and polishing my van. I love it when it is gleaming in the sunshine. I then take to the road and when I reach my destination the van looks like I never bothered to clean it. Then when I look around I see gleaming vans all around me.

What really happens is we all throw mud at your van while you're not looking so ours just look cleaner :LOL:

Jul 1, 2012
Nr Whitby
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
On & off since late70s
Just rely on it raining eventually

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
Just brought mine home for the MOT tomorrow.
Decided to wash it on site as they have steps so I can reach the roof easily.
How do they go green without a tree in sight?
There were some caravans grass green all over, looks like owners have forgotten they had one.

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
Wash mine every couple of weeks and if it gets dirty while going to a site somewhere I wash it there also. It gets waxed twice a year April and September and polished in between. Have always been the same with my other VW campers, the Winnebago ( that took a bit longer) and my hot rod, the daily cars don't get washed as much. They all cost a lot of money, why would you not look after them. I find it very therapeutic. (y)

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
I must admit I do wash the front of moho when away, mostly to get rid of dead flies / insects that have committed hari kari. Also wife does the odd bit of sweeping out of grass mud etc , because having a dog it's unavoidable.

How could you! Are you qualified to ascertain that they are dead? Are you a GP?

I remove dead flies as well but wait till I get home and get someone else to do it:D

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Can't stand a dirty van so usually have a quick clean with dry wash or Autoglym rapid detailer, and the possibly a bit of polish the next day, the when somebody says "is that a private plate as it can't be 9 years old" that's me chuffed.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Slight deviation.... I cannot clean mine because it is parked in a secure compound in a farm and we are not allowed to clean the vans there because the water taps are for the horses..... I keep asking is there anyone doing motorhome cleaning at Chester please as my roof is greener than the grass and the sides and front are mucky... I have nowhere to clean it. :(

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Slight deviation.... I cannot clean mine because it is parked in a secure compound in a farm and we are not allowed to clean the vans there because the water taps are for the horses..... I keep asking is there anyone doing motorhome cleaning at Chester please as my roof is greener than the grass and the sides and front are mucky... I have nowhere to clean it. :(

Any excuse! Good on yah girl!:)

Oct 26, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Supreme 680st
Exp
since 2001
I usually clean the side that is up against the fence when we return home from a trip then do the other 3 when I get time before next trip, I always clean the windscreen and side windows when arriving on site as I find it helps to keep the silver screens in good condition

Andy

Allan & Loren

Free Member
Dec 8, 2014
Leyland, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
Since 2014
Allan washes it while I supervise from my comfortable chair with a glass of something red and Alcoholic in hand, pointing out any missed bits lol :wine:

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
I clean mine twice a year. once in the spring. and once near the end of year. but I would like to make friends with Gus-lopez. well his friend really . any one that likes cleaning vans that much. I would love to meet.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back